670 sli problem

JJDARK21

I feel like all that was suggested, he's not executing how we want him to execute his testing. He's just not giving us the details of what he's done.

ive tried these things try each videocard on first slot and both worked flawlessly i used benchmarks and played bf3 also try both cards on second slot both worked without problems i tried using a normal hdd and nothing swapped gpu on different pcie slots changed sli bridges i also changed my bios to the newest the only thing i havent is try another copy of windows 7 first time i had so much problems with a videocard setup my rig works so well in everything overclocked to 4.3ghz 1.25v the only thing that doesnt work is enabling sli

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just thought that your Asus Z MB uses a NF200 chip, so when running 2 cards in SLI those cards will run at X8/X8. Also just above the top slot is a Molex connector, and on the bottom far left is another Molex connector. These Molex connectors will give more power to the board if your opting for a multi VGA set up. It may be as simple as cards need more power.

Edited by Braegnok

Just thought that your Asus Z MB uses a NF200 chip, so when running 2 cards in SLI those cards will run at X8/X8. Also just above the top slot is a Molex connector, and on the bottom far left is another Molex connector. These Molex connectors will give more power to the board if your opting for a multi VGA set up. It may be as simple as cards need more power.

i have both of these connectors on the last thing i achieved was that now instead of losing signal signal appears again in 800x600 nvidia panel crashes and i get one of the cards down with windows error code43

Edited by JJDARK21

i have both of these connectors on the last thing i achieved was that now instead of losing signal signal appears again in 800x600 nvidia panel crashes and i get one of the cards down with windows error code43

Windows error code 43, Is a Driver Error code. You may have missed something when you uninstalled, reinstalled drives.

Windows error code 43, Is a Driver Error code. You may have missed something when you uninstalled, reinstalled drives.

i now i have formatted my ssd like 6 times now ive try old nvidia drivers stock nvidia drivers newest nvidia drivers also i tried newest motherboard drivers and stock motherboard drivers im just waiting for another copy of windows 7 to see if it works if it doesnt work im selling it and keeping just one gtx 670 while waiting for next generation dual gpus

Edited by JJDARK21

i now i have formatted my ssd like 6 times now ive try old nvidia drivers stock nvidia drivers newest nvidia drivers also i tried newest motherboard drivers and stock motherboard drivers im just waiting for another copy of windows 7 to see if it works if it doesnt work im selling it and keeping just one gtx 670 while waiting for next generation dual gpus

Before installing fresh windows 7, wipe your drive and install new OS and latest drives at default settings. See if SLI works before overclocking. I hope that works for you, good luck.

I can tell you that 2 GTX 670's work with the current driver as well as the beta.

Is it possible one of your cards could be acting up?

maybe or maybe its becouse of the factory overclock they come with i dont know i never had any issues like this before i think i will sell it at this point if my last tests fail and wait for next generation dual gpus or something like a toxic 8970 i have to say that a single windforce gtx 670 is almost like having a stock gtx 680 so im ok with just one card right now very impressed with the fps the videocard gives me 56c temps while playing bf3 for like 2 hours

Edited by JJDARK21

I should read through the whole thread but have you tried switching the cards around by chance?

Have you tried just installing one card when you do the driver?

yep ive tried both things i wanted this sli setup because was almost like having a gtx 690 and cost me 800$ instead of 1000 and besides i dont like the high temps on dual gpus with stock cooling but i think i would be better off with a gtx 690 right now lol

Edited by JJDARK21

Ok so when you have one card installed and you load the driver do you get the same error? Or does the error come up when it tries to install the driver automatically when you add the second card?

Ok so when you have one card installed and you load the driver do you get the same error? Or does the error come up when it tries to install the driver automatically when you add the second card?

nope when i add the second card windows recognizes it and nvidia control panel also recognizes it the error comes up when i try to anable sli i put maximize 3d performance and boom monitor goes off gets back with 800x600 drivers crashed and one card gives me error code 43 before it was both cards that gave me that error 43 now its just one with 1 card on pcie slot 1 and other on slot 2

Edited by JJDARK21