Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Also, just to add to what Waco said, anyone who thinks that this girl was rebelling for good reason, obviously didn't hear what she wrote and the blatant disrespect she showed her parents! Probably also has not heard any of the follow up stories to this either! I mean after her FB rant, where she basically took a S all over her parents, she is probably lucky the only thing that happened was her laptop got shot! If my son EVER does something like this, I would suggest he hide for a long time!

In before Tjj calls you a terrible parent who abuses kids. Remember, your child is better than you. :lol:

Again, you guys are mis-quoting me. I said SOME SOME SOME SOME kids are better than the adult community. I know of kids who can hack security systems that adults make as a simple example. I and my sister both were in college at very young ages. I was 14 and my sister was 13. A lot of adults in the world haven't even graduated high school. Heck sometimes we even prove the teachers wrong when they have their doctoral degrees. Um a kid down the street manages his parents taxes because his parents can barley do any math.

These are just a few examples. I am trying to think of more middle of the road ones, but I can't think of any right now.

I guess what I am saying is no one is perfect by any stretch of the imagination. We have all seen how sometimes there are people who are just flat out better than one of us in something, or even maybe everything. The reality is that sometimes those people ARE kids. I am not saying your 3 year old is going to do vector calculus in crayon on your white walls, but I am saying that sometimes they are more logical, maybe more artistic, and most of the times they think of new ways to look at things that can make even the most stubborn parent in the world look at things a little bit differently.

That is more the middle of the road, however, I have seen NUMEROUS cases where that is even taken one step further. I am certainly not saying that it is indicative of all children as the word SOME implies, but I am saying that there are cases in which the rule that speed way came up with that all rebellious teenagers are wrong in some fashion or another (when I say wrong I am talking about their conduct, not their content), characterizes the narrow-mindedness of those who feel it is necessary to dominate and rule over children.

Tjj you need to properly distinguish to very very different concepts.....

One better (stupid word) in terms of ones intellectual standing and how well they may be versed with say technology (not surprising that a lot of today's youth are more advanced with it than their parents)

This first way of being "better" means nothing next to the next way of being "better".

Two better in terms of how you deal with things and interact with the world in a general sense. Your ability to work both independently (something the vast majority of teenagers would fail at) as well as in group scenarios (this includes family and working around the house).

If you are going to classy lady and moan about working as a productive member of a family yet still expect things to be handed to you. Or if you think because you may in some instances know more about certain things (sure as he'll not how to get by in the world properly). Then you do have the wrong idea about a child to parent relationship.

I will classy lady and moan all day long that my parents make bad decisions from time to time when it comes to technology and cars. However because I can work with them and respect that yes they still know more than me and still have lots to offer me, while I am willing to accept it, that I am thus able to start helping them out more for everything they have given to and done for me.

This girl can never repay what her parents have done for her until such a time that things change around and they are the ones that need caring for like children in their old age.

If her parents where abuse which they really are not things would be considerably different but they are not.

In before Tjj calls you a terrible parent who abuses kids. Remember, your child is better than you. :lol:

:ph34r::haha:

Again, you guys are mis-quoting me. I said SOME SOME SOME SOME kids are better than the adult community. I know of kids who can hack security systems that adults make as a simple example. I and my sister both were in college at very young ages. I was 14 and my sister was 13. A lot of adults in the world haven't even graduated high school. Heck sometimes we even prove the teachers wrong when they have their doctoral degrees. Um a kid down the street manages his parents taxes because his parents can barley do any math.

These are just a few examples. I am trying to think of more middle of the road ones, but I can't think of any right now.

I guess what I am saying is no one is perfect by any stretch of the imagination. We have all seen how sometimes there are people who are just flat out better than one of us in something, or even maybe everything. The reality is that sometimes those people ARE kids. I am not saying your 3 year old is going to do vector calculus in crayon on your white walls, but I am saying that sometimes they are more logical, maybe more artistic, and most of the times they think of new ways to look at things that can make even the most stubborn parent in the world look at things a little bit differently.

That is more the middle of the road, however, I have seen NUMEROUS cases where that is even taken one step further. I am certainly not saying that it is indicative of all children as the word SOME implies, but I am saying that there are cases in which the rule that speed way came up with that all rebellious teenagers are wrong in some fashion or another (when I say wrong I am talking about their conduct, not their content), characterizes the narrow-mindedness of those who feel it is necessary to dominate and rule over children.

JC, you say people "mis-quote" you, but you seem to misquote (spelled misquote right for you 14yr old college student) EVERYONE! If they make an OCC award this year for King of Misquoting, you have my vote hands down. Based on everything you said in your last paragraph, obviously you did not even understand my post about disregard and how it relates to teenagers! I did not come up with a "rule" I made an observation. All you do is talk about the exceptions, the case here and there, the one-off, tjj there are one-offs to everything. If you spend the rest of your life arguing with people about the "one-off" all you are doing is trying to ice skate up a hill!

Now, I will say that if my 3 year old son starts doing vector calc in crayon on my off white walls, then he is in trouble! Since we have already had the "why did you use markers on the wall" conversation, he would be disregarding our rules :nono::lol:

:ph34r::haha:

Now, I will say that if my 3 year old son starts doing vector calc in crayon on my off white walls, then he is in trouble! Since we have already had the "why did you use markers on the wall" conversation, he would be disregarding our rules :nono::lol:

I would make him finish the equation then help me paint the wall. LOL.

Sounds like he is just about to reach That majical age of reason that one has talked about before. That or still in the cave man draws on wall stage. LOL. Just kidding.

Rebellious teenagers. Its not normally what they do its how they go about it. I class a rebellious teen as a person or young age that cannot understand why people tell him not to do things. And this goes back to what many people have said. Pure disregard for consequences and disrespect for the rules of the land.

You are still generalizing. I am not saying you are generalizing all teenagers (obviously), but you are generalizing the rebellious ones. Some rebellious teenagers are rebelling for a good reason. For instance the entire hippy movement that so many of you seem to have forgotten. They rebelled for peace and love for all of human kind.......not because they aren't getting 40 bucks to go to the mall.

Even though I know it is impossible to get any of my points across, but one point that really needs to be heard is that sometimes children are just flat out better than their parents and adults in general. I also think it is a lot less rare than one might believe. So when you and others make comments like kids need discipline and structure, the truth is not all of them do. Some of them are just on a higher level than all of us, even myself, and I don't think it is fair to say that one rebelling teenager is the same as the next one, when one teenager might have a REALLY good reason to rebel. In fact, my mom, my next door neighbor, my professors, and myself all agree that this girl was rebelling for a good reason. Of course that is because most of us believe that strict parenting doesn't teach anything, so we might be a little bias :P

So' date=' TJ, understanding that you're against physical discipline: What should parents do when positive reinforcement and non-physical discipline don't work for a child? What's the next step to take? [/quote']

Really, I am curious. I agree that kids are all different, but I want to know what you think the next step is when children don't respond to psychological discipline. And when you admit each child is different, why is it that you still generalize discipline?

Even though I know it is impossible to get any of my points across, but one point that really needs to be heard is that sometimes children are just flat out better than their parents and adults in general. I also think it is a lot less rare than one might believe. So when you and others make comments like kids need discipline and structure, the truth is not all of them do. Some of them are just on a higher level than all of us, even myself, and I don't think it is fair to say that one rebelling teenager is the same as the next one, when one teenager might have a REALLY good reason to rebel. In fact, my mom, my next door neighbor, my professors, and myself all agree that this girl was rebelling for a good reason.

The reality is she was rebelling against the "house rules" set down by her parents/guardians to define boundaries on acceptable behaviour, responsibility, respect and consideration of others, rules don't just exist in the home, they define behavioural expectations in our schools, workplaces and wider society in general and are necessary for social coexistence.

SOME SOME SOME SOME kids are better than the adult community. I know of kids who can hack security systems that adults make as a simple example. I and my sister both were in college at very young ages. I was 14 and my sister was 13. A lot of adults in the world haven't even graduated high school. Heck sometimes we even prove the teachers wrong when they have their doctoral degrees. Um a kid down the street manages his parents taxes because his parents can barley do any math.

That sounds like arrogant posturing dare I say intellectual snobbery? additionally bagging an adult's poor maths abilities whilst using poor spelling yourself is just a tad ironic isn't it? Let's face it everyone's unique and the skills they develop wildly varied (including their inherent morality), I know of many academics that are "mechanically illiterate" does that make them any less a human being, any less worthwhile?

Believing the one is better than his/her peers is delusional, arrogant and uninformed... interestingly this is often a personality trait found in developing adolescents (temporarily) not to mention egomaniacs ;)