XSPC Has Lost My Business, FCPU Is Taking Care of Me

Well too late now anyway, but I still feel like this isn't a case of the wrong block being in the box. I guess time will tell, but until then I am still dissatisfied with XSPC.

*edit* Oh and this is not the first time I have had issues with their products. So it's not like one thing happened and I went off.

Edited by TraptPatriot

Just an update... FCPU contacted me back. "Dan, I did my homework on this and it appears this is indeed a reference design. I will see what XSPC has to say about this." Not sure if he meant it is a reference waterblock or it is a reference video card. I asked if I somehow got a pre-revision block if they made a revision for the 780ti, no response to that email yet. And still no word from XSPC, though it has been only a few business days.

Nothing yet. I emailed the person last week asking if I could just send it back for a refund and I was told I would receive word by Monday, but have not received anything. Will be calling in the morning and either getting this resolved or opening a Paypal Dispute with FCPU. I have had a block I cannot use for two weeks now, no reply from XSPC and FCPU is really testing my patience.

Well that's not sounding good (Yes I read the whole thing) Seeing as how Paypal has such a limited window for disputes I would probably get on that ASAP with the date of contact they promised coming and going without contact.  The claim can always be resolved by them without Paypal doing a thing, but better safe than sorry.  

Personally I've had rocky experiences with FrozenCPU.  Ordered some Liquid Metal thermal "paste" for replacing Intel's crappy TIM when delidding CPUs a while back.  The package I got had leaked a fair amount and I sent a message about it, the reply I got back was:

Sorry this happened on your syringe. This has been a problem in the past and I alerted Cool Laboratory about the issue some months ago. Visually it appeared to be resolved as we had not seen any packets that had the TIM splattered on the inside like before.
I will send you a replacement when I come back to work tomorrow. 

A month later I remembered never getting a replacement, sent a message back and I haven't heard anything in return (that was months ago)  at ~$20 and still having enough to do what I wanted to do I didn't worry about it, but didn't make me too excited.  

I wish you the best of luck though and there's still a chance FrozenCPU will come out helping, but KNOWING how much issues these full cover blocks cause I can't believe XSPC and their re sellers don't have better communications lines and systems to take care of customers when things like this happen.  

Just called FCPU, the guy who answered is actually the one I was dealing with over email. He said he had just received word back from XSPC. According to the email (I have not seen the email), XSPC says the 780ti reference layout changed and so they made an update to the acetal block, which compensates for the differences with the capacitors, and that they would be sending FCPU a batch of these new covers.

I was asked if I would like one of the updated covers sent to me and I could replace it, and I said no because I have no need for it now, seeing as how I have another waterblock. He said I could then just send it back and they would issue a refund (and waive the restocking fee). This is what I wanted the most, and FCPU came through. Glad to see they are willing to go beyond what their policies state to ensure a happy customer, and I have no further issues with FCPU. They took care of me and I am happy.

I still have to question why it took XSPC so long to come out with an updated cover, considering how long this design of cards has been out. Maybe I am mistaken and all the other waterblock manufacturers only recently came out with these new designs, but without doing much research I am led to believe the updated waterblock haves been out for a while. Also, with the time frame of almost 3 weeks from when FCPU and I contacted XSPC about this issue and their reply, it seems like maybe it was a long enough time to make an update to the cover really quick then make a batch of them (or just update older covers). Obviously that is just speculation, but it does make you wonder if XSPC only just realized the issue and acted quickly to make amends.

Anyway, my issue is resolved.