XSPC Has Lost My Business, FCPU Is Taking Care of Me

I can understand the frustration with XSPC for sure, but I wouldn't blame FCPU if it were me since they are just selling a product that XSPC tells them is compatible with your card. I couldn't expect them to verify the fitment of everything they sell since for the most part they are one the biggest n the business and sell tons of stuff. FCPU is a very good company and very willing to work through just about any issues that ever arise and if anything the only thing I would ding them for is their shipping prices since I am about 45 minutes away lol.

Haha you speak wise words.

But my gripe with XSPC is based one about them listing the blocks as compatible when they are not. Unless there was a revision and I somehow received one only meant for a Titan/780, I don't see how this could be anything other than false advertising.

False advertising implies intent to deceive. This is clearly a mistake and if nobody is making them aware of it, how do you expect it to become fixed?

But my gripe with XSPC is based one about them listing the blocks as compatible when they are not. Unless there was a revision and I somehow received one only meant for a Titan/780, I don't see how this could be anything other than false advertising.

False advertising implies intent to deceive. This is clearly a mistake and if nobody is making them aware of it, how do you expect it to become fixed?

You do realize false advertising does not have to be intentional? I never said they did this on purpose.

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A.

You're implying a lot more than a misprint when you claim false advertising. It means, 99% of the time, of an intent to mislead.

Combined with your tone and comments in this thread it's pretty clear you were at least implying this was intentional and that they weren't fixing it.

Anyway - rant away.

You're implying a lot more than a misprint when you claim false advertising. It means, 99% of the time, of an intent to mislead.

Combined with your tone and comments in this thread it's pretty clear you were at least implying this was intentional and that they weren't fixing it.

Anyway - rant away.

And you just like crapping in anyone's thread just because you disagree with something they say. So crap away.

Not at all. I'm just making sure that people reading the thread get both sides. XSPC and FCPU are great companies that I'd hate to see lose sales from such a simple mistake.

Call it crapping if you want but companies like this thrive on word of mouth and negative threads like this are far more harmful than you think.

Not at all. I'm just making sure that people reading the thread get both sides. XSPC and FCPU are great companies that I'd hate to see lose sales from such a simple mistake.

Call it crapping if you want but companies like this thrive on word of mouth and negative threads like this are far more harmful than you think.

Yes, because most threads you post in all you do is provide helpful insight. Right...

As I stated previously, I spoke too quickly about FCPU. They are just the retailer, they do not make the parts or the descriptions. In my original post about them I spoke out of immediate anger, and I admitted I was wrong with that. I changed my posts and my stance on that, so you have no reason to bring them up anymore. If you fail to read what I type then that is your fault, not mine.

Also, as I have stated many times, XSPC is at fault because of their own negligence, whether it was accidental or not. If you are a waterblock manufacturer, and make a waterblock for a specific card, then say the block will work on other cards, it is then your business to ensure the block works on said cards. If the blocks do not work, what does that prove?

Ok, so say it was all just a mistake like you say, but what does that still prove? Maybe that they don't put enough effort into their products or their policies. If they make such a simple mistake like this, what is to say they won't make or haven't made many more mistakes like this? Anyone in the business of making products for consumers to buy knows that you have to ensure everything works properly and is described accurately. If something does not work, then that is the companies own fault and could speak about other underlying issues. And, this isn't a small company that has the owner and 1 or 2 other people working there - this is XSPC, a company that designs and manufactures watercooling parts that sell around the world. They are in the business of designing watercooling parts, shouldn't they be the experts on watercooling?

Sure, I have a problem because I received a waterblock that will not work with my card. Yes, I am handling it. But my reason for this topic, and every subsequent posts has not been to "hate on companies." I am merely explaining my previous explanation that XSPC should be held accountable, not give them a pass just because you say I should. If these companies are not held accountable, then these issues will continue to happen. That is what I have an issue with.

And if you don't agree with it, then so be it, but stop trolling my thread just because you have no concept of how a business should be run.

Full cover blocks have always been iffy when it comes to compatibility. Unless you have a reference card and the reference design has not been revised you are usually ok. Even between series implied compatibility is still a problem. When it comes to non reference designs all bets are off. All it takes is a resistor or capacitor out of place to cause an issue. Sure XSPC is in the business of making water cooling parts but there are always, let me say it again always compatibility concerns even with supposed reference designs.  What happens when the reference design is changed and they are not made aware? Are they as a company negligent? No they are not. Did the wrong part go in the right box?

What you fail to understand is that while the name is universally recognized they are still a small shop run by a few individuals not a massive manufacturing giant as you seem to think. People and companies make mistakes. All of them do not just XSPC.  Anyone up for the Koollance quick disconnect fiasco or the EK nickel flacking issue? 

There has not been a single full cover block manufacturer that has not been impacted by this at one time or another. Not one that I know of. At this point you cannot use the card as you wanted but Im sure still can run the card air cooled util it is resolved. IF FCPU will take the part back then send it back and wait for the block you originally wanted and run the card on air till then.  Mistakes happen all the time, its how it is resolved that leaves a lasting impression on us.  

Full cover blocks have always been iffy when it comes to compatibility. Unless you have a reference card and the reference design has not been revised you are usually ok. Even between series implied compatibility is still a problem. When it comes to non reference designs all bets are off. All it takes is a resistor or capacitor out of place to cause an issue. Sure XSPC is in the business of making water cooling parts but there are always, let me say it again always compatibility concerns even with supposed reference designs.  What happens when the reference design is changed and they are not made aware? Are they as a company negligent? No they are not. Did the wrong part go in the right box?

What you fail to understand is that while the name is universally recognized they are still a small shop run by a few individuals not a massive manufacturing giant as you seem to think. People and companies make mistakes. All of them do not just XSPC.  Anyone up for the Koollance quick disconnect fiasco or the EK nickel flacking issue? 

There has not been a single full cover block manufacturer that has not been impacted by this at one time or another. Not one that I know of. At this point you cannot use the card as you wanted but Im sure still can run the card air cooled util it is resolved. IF FCPU will take the part back then send it back and wait for the block you originally wanted and run the card on air till then.  Mistakes happen all the time, its how it is resolved that leaves a lasting impression on us.  

Vary true,.. I've had issues with lots of water blocks.. it's how it is resolved that matters,..

You see, I respect posts like that because they actually have more than just saying I'm wrong it was a mistake.

I understand that custom layout cards are different, but I have a reference board, just one that is made by MSI. And yes, I understand there are still compatibility concerns even with reference designs, but anyone could see just by looking at the block and the cards that it will not work unless more of the acetal is removed to make room for the silver/blue capacitor.

Also, I did say it was possible I received the wrong waterblock, but all the research I have done never showed any type of revision to the block to account for the changes in the 780ti. Other companies made the revisions and I easily found those, but either XSPC did not post about it or I cannot find it or it never happened. I would be more than happy to find out it was just a packing mistake, but if not then aren't my views justified? Plus, I still have not heard word back from either company.

I don't think they are a manufacturing giant, but they are not a company run out of a garage either. I would think that with how much they produce and design, they are somewhat big compared to some of the other watercooling companies. Yes, every person and company makes mistakes, but nothing would be done if people did not make it into an issue.

I am sure there are plenty of people that will not buy EK products because of the flaking issue, and they have every reason to support and post about that view. EK was held accountable and they paid for it, and they still are around today. XSPC will still make parts and sell them regardless of what happens with me. But to imply that I cannot post my views about them just because it will impact them takes the power out of the consumers hands and puts it into the companies. None of these companies would be in business if consumers did not buy their parts, so they have to deal with the good and the bad reviews.

You see, I respect posts like that because they actually have more than just saying I'm wrong it was a mistake.

I understand that custom layout cards are different, but I have a reference board, just one that is made by MSI. And yes, I understand there are still compatibility concerns even with reference designs, but anyone could see just by looking at the block and the cards that it will not work unless more of the acetal is removed to make room for the silver/blue capacitor.

Also, I did say it was possible I received the wrong waterblock, but all the research I have done never showed any type of revision to the block to account for the changes in the 780ti. Other companies made the revisions and I easily found those, but either XSPC did not post about it or I cannot find it or it never happened. I would be more than happy to find out it was just a packing mistake, but if not then aren't my views justified? Plus, I still have not heard word back from either company.

I don't think they are a manufacturing giant, but they are not a company run out of a garage either. I would think that with how much they produce and design, they are somewhat big compared to some of the other watercooling companies. Yes, every person and company makes mistakes, but nothing would be done if people did not make it into an issue.

I am sure there are plenty of people that will not buy EK products because of the flaking issue, and they have every reason to support and post about that view. EK was held accountable and they paid for it, and they still are around today. XSPC will still make parts and sell them regardless of what happens with me. But to imply that I cannot post my views about them just because it will impact them takes the power out of the consumers hands and puts it into the companies. None of these companies would be in business if consumers did not buy their parts, so they have to deal with the good and the bad reviews.

I'm all for the good and bad reviews but give them a chance to make it right before you put the word out. If they make it right run with the whole complete story at that point. Putting up only the bad to start does not give that complete story. If after a good faith effort they just give you the royal FU then go for it but if they work with you the story takes a different slant. Not placing blame here but give them the chance first to make it right.

I hope they do.     

I'm all for the good and bad reviews but give them a chance to make it right before you put the word out. If they make it right run with the whole complete story at that point. Putting up only the bad to start does not give that complete story. If after a good faith effort they just give you the royal FU then go for it but if they work with you the story takes a different slant. Not placing blame here but give them the chance first to make it right.

I hope they do.

Exactly my point. I have no doubts that this will work out just fine. Sure, it's an inconvenience, but that happens from time to time even with the best companies.