I keep running over my headset cord, and need advice on how to stop it

molotovdaskwerl

So I keep running over my headset's cord, a problem I'm sure everyone has or had. It's put me through 3 headsets already, over the past few years.

I'm just looking for advice on managing this problem so it's minimalized, any advice?

It takes time and effort but you can tailor it to different lengths. You'll need to create loops so you have three equal sections then you just braid. Its a bit time consuming as you need to untangle as you braid but I turned a 6m cord into a 2m one and a 3m cord into a 1m one making them both very manageable.

Have a look at this to give you an idea how.

Stoner's suggestion helped me out as well, but if you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you could always buy some OCC stranded copper/silver and make your own cables. Then you can use some type of metallic cable sleeving to protect the cable. If you use some high quality sleeving, you couldn't cut it with a knife. 

The braided cord is neat, but it isn't really what i'm looking for, i have my computer like three feet next to my bed in my room, and as much I love to with the headphones turn around and jump onto my bed and listen to music.

I need like a clever clip or something like it

Oh? Is that all you were looking for? http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Retractable-Chain-Stainless-Cable/dp/B00416DLOQ

Here is a quick ghetto solution. Attach the key ring to something stationary in a place with some space where you can lay down excess cable. Now run your headphone cable to the key ring and attach it to the key ring by tying a knot around it. From there, run the cable 4 feet and tie another knot. This is where the pocket clamp will be attached. 

In doing this you should have made it so that you can real in your headphone cable at your desk and create a 2 foot cable loop, but at the same time you can expand it to have the extra 4 feet of cable. 

The braided cord is neat, but it isn't really what i'm looking for, i have my computer like three feet next to my bed in my room, and as much I love to with the headphones turn around and jump onto my bed and listen to music.

I need like a clever clip or something like it

Oh? Is that all you were looking for? http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Retractable-Chain-Stainless-Cable/dp/B00416DLOQ

Here is a quick ghetto solution. Attach the key ring to something stationary in a place with some space where you can lay down excess cable. Now run your headphone cable to the key ring and attach it to the key ring by tying a knot around it. From there, run the cable 4 feet and tie another knot. This is where the pocket clamp will be attached. 

In doing this you should have made it so that you can real in your headphone cable at your desk and create a 2 foot cable loop, but at the same time you can expand it to have the extra 4 feet of cable. 

this is neat, I may do this