Media Server and/or HTPC build

tbris84

Just tried "theRenamer" not bad, not bad at all but the limited renaming pattern kind of holds it back a little which would be frustrating for tv series imo. For example in Sickbeard I'd put

%SN S%0S/%SN.S%0SE%0E.%EN

and I'd get

Show Name S02\Show Name.S02E03.Ep Name.ext

Sickbeard obviously doesn't do movies though, Couch Potato does. Then again movies don't need such a complicated pattern, usually I'd have "Movie.year.quality.ext" but then I saw theRenamer includes IMDB rating and MPAA rating :woot: for me, that takes the cake. Problem is there's no option to include a hyphen or period in between words for example.

Movie [2012 R 7.5]

instead, I want

Movie.Quality [2012-R-7.5]

Is it possible to get such a naming scheme with theRenamer?

I'm an idiot :mfp: x1000

Found the option in global settings so now its fine! I'll still use Sickbeard for tv series renaming though as it even tells me which eps are missing, whens what coming out etc.. basically the cr

theRenamer has two settings menus, as you've just found out. I avoid showing episode titles, find them to be a spoiler. I try my best to avoid reading chapter titles in novels as well haha. There aren't any separator options for movies in theRenamer from what I saw. I usually let XBMC scrapper do all the work for gathering metadata, there are other alternatives like Ember Media Manager.

Edited by AZNguyen

I was content with the renamer in Couch potato but now that I saw theRenamer can include MPAA rating and IMDb rating I MUST HAVE IT :tongue:. CP can include the IMDb id only unfortunately.

I just tested the settings again and it puts two hyphens together :huh:
So

Movie--[2012--R--7.5]

hmm, double checked and there are no extra spaces that could be causing it  :happy:

RE: having the name of the episode In the title. I guess your right but now I'm kinda use to it  :dunno:

Yep tried the new XBMC (frodo) I liked it bar the default theme. Never heard of the other two though..

I just tested the settings again and it puts two hyphens together :huh:

Okay so that went away but now it puts a hyphen instead of both the MPAA rating and the IMDb rating... oh man.

Check them out, I like XBMC and all but have always been a Mediabrowser kinda guy. Its been a WMC extension which was good because to me nothing compares to live TV with WMC. You have changing banners for movies and TV shows, descriptions and imdb ratings. You can get plugins for things like trailers too.

From one movie you can just to other movies by genre or actors and so on. And the default theme is gorgeous IMHO.

Looking forward to the standalone that will incorporate an imbedded vlc player and there is word of a live TV in the works for it to which means it will desperate from WMC.

You can do those in XBMC as well, but I'll give it a shot. I really hate using XBMC's navigation menus once I get a video playing its such a pain.

Of the two my preference is MB and I do all my navigation with my happuenguage remote.

Also MB3 is going to be coming with android streaming etc which will be awesome as well as some other sweat features

Links

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/13138/introducing-media-browser-3

http://www.mediabrowser3.com/

You need to initialize the hard drives as GPT and not MBR. Might have to go into disk management to do that. I don't think Windows 8 prompted me to do that with my 3 TBs.

If you wanted to use the 3 TB as a boot drive, then I think you need an UEFI supported motherboard.

Edited by AZNguyen