underclocking gtx 560 ti

juliox

ok new thing i tested crisys 2 whit DX11, that game crashed on mi like afther 5 minutes of gameplay but underclocked again worked fine, so yea i whatch mi voltage whit aftherburner and it was 0.985 yea i thinck is a litle low, but like is said i will leave like that and just underclock the card mi performace loss is only of 3 frames per secound(not much of a deal)

But if in any case i whant to encrease voltage what voltage do you recomend me for 900MHZ.

Post a print screen of your current oc and of stock with no reference points no recommendation can be made.

1.04v on the gpu core might give you stability. But if I were you I'd split the overclock difference between nVidia stock clocks and the Gigabyte OC clocks. I'd set the 3D gpu clocks to say 860 and the voltage to 1.0v even. Try that and I'll bet you'll be fine.

I say RMA it. It's not stable at stock so I'd consider it defective.

well on nvidia stock 822MHZ is stable but in gigabyte factory overclock at 900MHZ it only has give me problems in 3 games out of 60 that are FEAR 3 DX11(DX9 run fine and DX11 underclocked to), crisys 2 DX11(same as FEAR 3) and finally just cause 2 that i thinck only uses DX10.

any other game that used DX11 like, metro 2033, dirt 2 and 3, BF bad company 2, lost planet 2 and all of mi other like 50 games. worked fine those games never crashed even on overclock.

I say RMA it. It's not stable at stock so I'd consider it defective.

I see Waco's point on this. Technically the card should do everything you want it to do (and stable without crashes) at the factory settings. However, I don't think it's any secret that this particular card can be a little flaky at the factory clocks. And since the card works on 97% of your games, it makes it even harder to justify a RMA. With that being said I think you can get the card stable by just reducing the factory clocks a bit and bumping the gpu core voltage a tad.

Please try my suggestion of setting the gpu at 860 - 870 and bumping the gpu core voltage to 1.0v

I'll bet a six pack of Coke that alleviates the problem.

thancks wevsspot right now i am downloading crisys 2 high tex pack already tried it whit only dx11 all max 1920X1080 wen its finish i will trie again whit your sugested seting and let you all know.

Sounds like a plan.

One other thing I didn't even consider is that you might be able to run the factory clocks by just bumping the gpu core to 1.0v and setting a custom fan profile - say 60 or 70% fan speed - if you can deal with the noise.

ok the Crisys 2 worked fine whith all max, DX11 and High res, the 2 setings worked fine dint crash i tried nvidia stock and the seting wevsspot recomended, diference was litle only 2 frames.

what i am thincking about these is maybe wen they were preparing mi especific card they didnt adjust well the voltage, but anything alse the card works perfect, soo yea i will use gigabyte factory stock(oveclock 900MHZ) always but wen i find a game the gives me problems i will adjust it simple as that.

Thanck for your replys guys, it is a good thing to know i can always trust the comunity hear for advice.

Sounds like you've got it fairly well sorted then. The small difference in frames per second between stock and overclocked leads me to believe that you might be a little cpu bound. Have you considered overclocking your cpu? I think there's a lot of potential there for improving your frame rate even further.

Sounds like you've got it fairly well sorted then. The small difference in frames per second between stock and overclocked leads me to believe that you might be a little cpu bound. Have you considered overclocking your cpu? I think there's a lot of potential there for improving your frame rate even further.

yes i cosidered that, but i will do it when i get a new cooler because right now i am runing mi core i5 750 whit the stock cooler, i think i will get one next month, for now i am nuning nice crisys 2 max out whit DX11 and high res textures and 1920X1080 run like 33 to 40 frames per second