R9 270X questions

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I'm thinking it is your video card, my Vapor-X overvolted and overclocked after an hour of Furmark only gets to 63* C. 70-75 is pretty hot considering its running at stock clocks. The Dual X cooler is not much different than the Vapor-X so I doubt it should be running that hot. My Vapor-X can handle every game with every setting on high so trust me if your system was running properly you would have no issue.

Edited by slick2500

I don't really want to take it apart, since I could still RMA it if I wanted to ... speaking of which, should I try to RMA it? I've already reseted the OC on it ( I hope they can't check / won't bother with it)

Edited by DarkSide744

Im running a much older and much slower cpu in my backup system and this is the result I got.

I just noticed I took a screenshot of the benchmark I ran before I saw you had custom settings let me find the right one real fast.

heaven.jpg

Edited by slick2500

You don't have the same version of Unigine

The bandwith is because his memory is clocked at 1500 MHz and yours is clocked at 1420 MHz.

*edit - Mistake

Edited by StefenHeif

Just noticed a strange thing: While testing in furmark, the GPU load sometimes dips down to 63-64% for a few moments; I don't know if this is ok or not.
Second thing is that it instantly underclocked the card as you can see in the screenshot.

post-135546-0-24354500-1408215749_thumb.jpg

I can downclock mine to the same speed as yours and see what the results are.

But here is 3D Mark Vantage score from my setup at stock settings, I don't think the 10mhz clock and 30 mhz memory speed on the video card are going to make a really huge difference. http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4962001

And holy shoot, I didn't even notice my Heavenbench was that old.

Edited by slick2500