Clearance for an Cabinet Exhaust Fan

nns

I am imagining the problem to be the recirculation of the rear exhaust air back in to the case through the side intake.

The rear exhaust air is hitting the wall and the pull of the side intake is using this warm air.

Solution : reverse the side fan to exhaust and use a negative pressure cooling system with the air balancing that reversed fan entering the case through the grille openings that are freely open.

The ideal cooling layout is from front to back in an enclosure such as this.

I am imagining the problem to be the recirculation of the rear exhaust air back in to the case through the side intake.

The rear exhaust air is hitting the wall and the pull of the side intake is using this warm air.

Solution : reverse the side fan to exhaust and use a negative pressure cooling system with the air balancing that reversed fan entering the case through the grille openings that are freely open.

The ideal cooling layout is from front to back in an enclosure such as this.

The front and back are open and well-ventilated. I was only looking for an additional exhaust at the top.

The reason the cpu is getting hot is that the air blown out by the rear and top exhaust fans hits an obstruction preventing the air from being propelled away from the case, so the air is being brought back in to the case by the side fan.  That air brought back in the case is already warm, so it is a bad idea to put the case in the desk enclosure.

Do you have another device to put in the enclosure?  I think maybe a printer in the enclosure is a better idea because it does not have the cooling requirements the pc does.

After I seen the images of the case side motherboard fan option, I realizied the case is just going to perform better in the open.

The reason the cpu is getting hot is that the air blown out by the rear and top exhaust fans hits an obstruction preventing the air from being propelled away from the case, so the air is being brought back in to the case by the side fan. That air brought back in the case is already warm, so it is a bad idea to put the case in the desk enclosure.

+1

i wouldnt let my rig sit with that such tight space.