Digi+ VRM

Tazman167

so under AI tweaker in my mobo i found this DIgi + VRM thign im not sure what it does or how to use it. can someone tell me how and if it will help me get better overclocks?

post-75771-0-66382000-1313149184_thumb.png

so under AI tweaker in my mobo i found this DIgi + VRM thign im not sure what it does or how to use it. can someone tell me how and if it will help me get better overclocks?

im pretty sure Digi+VRM is by asus. the VRM is the Voltage regulator module, it supplies the CPU with the right voltage. good overclocking motherboards have solid capacitors and a high power phrase eg. 8+2 like the UD7 or UD5 or UD3 ect. the VRM should be left of the CPU socket (bunch of capacitors lined up, i have and AMD mobo)

thats just a little definition from my prospective. :thumbsup:

DIGI+ VRM = Digital Voltage regulator module which provides better overclocking, and lasts longer

the VRM spread spectrum option, asus claims it enhances system stability

oh i get it now. thanks for clarifying. i guess i wont mess with it.

Edited by Tazman167

well i dont have to but i wouldnt mind a bit higher lol

That kind of thing is dangerous... for your wallet.

You'll find yourself dishing hundreds of dollars out for a few extra MHz and a few less degrees for temps. :lol:

You do not have to do anything through your bios. Use AI Suite II to overclock. It works as good as the bios with no reboot. Digi+VRM is a powerful combination of analog and digital design elements that reduces Vdroop and increases stability when overclocking...... If your at 4.1GHz stable at 1.38V on Vcore, I will eat your shorts...... You are not stable at that overclock......

Edited by Drdeath

If your at 4.1GHz stable at 1.38V on Vcore, I will eat your shorts......

Tazman, please run a stability test for say 8h, take a screenshot and post it here.

Then, wear your underpants for like a week, package them and send them to this guy. It will be funny. :D