GT200 D1OV-20 GPU

Braegnok

Does anyone have any experience with the 2009 Quadro FX 4800 cards. Before I buy them, any information would be helpful.

I plan on folding with them and can get a pair for under $200.00. All I know is the GPU= GT200, with 1.5 GB, 384-Bit DDR3, 65n, and 160W idle, 320W heavy load. Seems vary close to the GTX260 and GTX280 reference cards which fold vary well but are not designed to run 24/7 like the Quadro cards. Thanks for any information. 

I got a Quadro fx 4800. It's counterpart is a GTX 260.

If you want to fold you better get GeForce card like a GTX 570-80 because I think They are still the highest pod .

Edit: why do you want to fold with a Quadro card ?

Edited by hornybluecow

I'm looking for something to put in a Folding rig, and I saw the 4800's in a pawn shop, owner said I could have them for what he lent plus $40.00, So I could have got the pair for under $200.00.

Edit: Thanks for the reply about the GTX 580, he does have a used pair of, GainWard Geforce GTX580 cards for sale.

Edited by Braegnok

Man, I want to live where you are :) pick me up a Quadro 5000 !

For folding whatever gives you the highest ppd vs cost . It's been a while since I looking into folding but Kelper (600 series ) didnt fold well. Things might have changed but a 580 is like 20k per day

Thanks,.. My friend owns three pawn shops in Denver, I wipe & reload Windows on computers for him,..ones that people do not pick up or make payments on. So he can sell them.

And you would not belive the nice hardware he gets for cheep, and the people never come back to pay on loan. If I see a Quadro 5000 come in I'll PM you. :lol:

He would rather sell the hardware to me for a few bucks over what he loaned out, then pay me cash for reloading pc's.

Edit: Thinking about going with a pair of New,.. Asus GTX560 TI DCII TOP cards  $189.00 each, @ newegg. after $20.00 MIR :D

Folding PPD GTX 5000 Series cards, with no overclock.

GTX 590  25780 PPD @ 423W

GTX 580  16492 PPD @ 305W

GTX 570  14750 PPD @ 284W

GTX 560  13193 PPD @ 213W

Edited by Braegnok

Edit: Thinking about going with a pair of New,.. Asus GTX560 TI DCII TOP cards  $189.00 each, @ newegg. after $20.00 MIR :D

Folding PPD GTX 5000 Series cards, with no overclock.

GTX 590  25780 PPD @ 423W

GTX 580  16492 PPD @ 305W

GTX 570  14750 PPD @ 284W

GTX 560  13193 PPD @ 213W

Umm, why are not you interested in HD7870?

All the comparison tests I have seen showing ppd produced by each graphics card, as well as the power draw while folding, favor the Nvidia cards.

And it seems a comparison of ppd produced for every watt consumed, the more productive graphics cards are often more power-hungry and expensive.

I see Nvidia cards dominating the top end of the graphs, as Nvidia has ruled the Folding performance charts for a few years now.

This isn't because AMD's hardware is inferior. Essentially Nvidia cards are thought to be more suited and better supported for folding.

The only guess I have as to why is,.. Due to a difference in the implementation, the ATI code must do two force calculations where the x86, Cell, and Nvidia hardware need only do one. This increases the overall native FLOP count for ATI hardware.

Personally the only thing better than more points is more points without more electricity consumed,.. and a pair of GTX 560 Ti 1GB cards are significantly more power-efficient than the top performance cards, but they do vary well in the total PPD Benchmarks.

The HD 7870-1000MHz/4.8GHz 2GB GDDR5 card would be a vary close match for the GTX 660 Ti-915MHz/6.006GHz 2GB GDDR5 card in a Benchmark.

but the 560 Ti is not in the same class as the much more powerful HD 7870 card. 

Edit : Thanks db,.. now I'm confused. :wacko:  I just checked prices and the HD 7870 is only $49.00 more than the GTX 560 Ti.

Thought I was finished comparing benchmarks, power consumption,... :lol:  must be the booze, I need some.

Edited by Braegnok