Replicating Hard drive image

junkerde

And me :withstupid:

Talk about down grading

yeah but id rather have something that works, rather than somethingthat dies right away. im still opened to get a wd black, but this experience leaves a scar. had to cop out 13 dollars to send the thing back, i just cant take risks and lose money. ill try a chance at the drive another time, just a bad first experience with this wd black drive. im sure you know how it all is, you have bad experience with a product line and lose money, you hesitate to try again, that's me right now.

Edited by junkerde

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point, but 2 bad drives in a row is highly unlikely, because if the seller had too many returns they would pull those drives off their site, you probably just had bad luck with the first one, as I have had with too many newer Seagate drives, to the point where I will no longer buy them. :yucky:

Personally I'd go through at least 2 or 3 attempts at getting a good WD Black drive before I would settle for a Seagate. I'm a sucker for torture like that.

Same here. I bought some OCZ ram from newegg. 1 stick was dead. Sent it back to newegg. So i didnt go with another company because it was bad. I keep with what i bought.

:withstupid: yup, i b luvin' my two new 600 gig velociraptors,....mm mmmm mmm kisss kiss kisssy smack !

YOU.. CALM DOWN!!!!.. This is not the place to talk all dirty and get everyone else all hot for there hardware. HAHA :rofl:

The Raptors are an amazing piece of hardware. Back in the day they were the shitznig - and since they keep upping the capacity and lowering the price, you really can't beat them for a traditional hard drive. Plus they are super duty reliable.

From my experience the 150Gb model was quieter than the 74Gb model, which was quieter than the 32Gb model. All of these ran in RAID0 arrays so I had double the "noise" :)

Really the 150s were almost inaudible even when paired.

All the seagate hate here makes me wish I hadn't had 3 back to back 500GB Scorpios die on me, and instead had my one Seagate Momentus 7200.3 die on me.... that came back to life and still works to this day :O.

I had one seagate barracuda 7200.11 die because I was dumbass and didn't just update the firmware when it was known that the base firmware would brick indefinitely (I was like I have the golden drive, it will never die......goodbye 600GB of anime lol) so that was my fault. The replacement has been going for 3 years.

Love my seagate drives, WD Blacks (Scorpio or Caviar) are overpriced :down:

Most of my active personal platter drives are Seagate (1.5TB 7200.11 drive and a 2TB LP) except for my backup OS drive (that I flash images from my SSD to every month) which is a VelociRaptor 300GB and the 750GB Scorpio Blue in my 2.5" I carry with me.

I still like WD don't get me wrong, but Seagate has been *personally* more reliable for me, and almost always has been a better deal (though usually Scorpio Blues can be scored cheaper than Momentus 5400.# drives, so i usually go for them instead for my little 2.5" enclosures).

Hard drives are like many a computer component - once you find a brand that holds the test of time many of us tend to stick with it. I'm not hating on Seagate - just usually loving on WD :)

On that note I'm really glad that you've had such great luck with Seagate - because the most important thing for price, quality and innovation is competition. Of which there isn't much left after SG gobbled up Samsung and Maxtor.