What WEB Browser do you use and why?

DnaAngel

I have been using Opera since it was ad-supported. I have Chrome and FF installed, but rarely, if ever, use them. My kids have grown up knowing that the Big Red "O" was their link to the internet.

Awesome, I love opera too. Why don't more people use it? Its feature rich, such as having built in ad blocking and Opera-Link syncing (like other browsers). It also has an email client, and a torrent client built in. :cheers:

I still use Firefox more often, but I always have Opera and Firefox on my machines.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, I love opera too. Why don't more people use it?

I'd use it a lot more but it doesn't remember all of my logins like FF and I'm too lazy to sign into Wand every time.

Awesome, I love opera too. Why don't more people use it? Its feature rich, such as having built in ad blocking and Opera-Link syncing (like other browsers). It also has an email client, and a torrent client built in. :cheers:

I still use Firefox more often, but I always have Opera and Firefox on my machines.

I don't use torrents so I don't see that as a plus. I've never tried the email client though. I might check it out but I honestly like my email client (no graphics, all text).

I'm using firefox now. I still like some of the addons for it. What I want though is a super minamalist browser that supports addons.

I don't use torrents so I don't see that as a plus. I've never tried the email client though. I might check it out but I honestly like my email client (no graphics, all text).

I'm using firefox now. I still like some of the addons for it. What I want though is a super minamalist browser that supports addons.

Doesn't it sort of stop being a minimalist browser once you start adding add-ons? Really though, what you describe is pretty much Chrome, it's a browser with all the fat trimmed off from the start, I've never seen a more minimal browser than it.

Chrome here. 87 tabs right now and no issues! After going from a browser that could support one tab a few years ago to ones with true tabs I've been an addict ever since! Chrome being light weight and all lets this go on with no issues... Plus I just like the minimalist look.

Although the new IE is much better than most pepole think it is. My father works in soft ware sales and he has litttle issues with it. However his Safari on his iMac crashes when ever there's a bunch of flash content open. :wacko:

Edited by Mysion

Doesn't it sort of stop being a minimalist browser once you start adding add-ons? Really though, what you describe is pretty much Chrome, it's a browser with all the fat trimmed off from the start, I've never seen a more minimal browser than it.

It may stop being a minimalist browser but it should be my option. I wouldn't add to many addons anyways.

IE9. IMO it is the safest, fastest and stable of the big 3. I use Firefox on my Macbook. Safari is just trash.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365692,00.asp

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ie9-chrome10-safari5-opera11-browser-security-phishing-spam,news-11880.html

Edited by InCrYsIs