Chat with your fellow OCC members

Dariuas

*NOTE as of now, we are having an issue Internet Explorer and clicking the IRC link embedded in to the site. For now use this link

you may have to click chat twice!

Ladies and Gents! Boys and Girls! We now have the ability to chat in real time using rather old technologies! Everyone celebrate!!!!

For those who wish the simple; easy solution to joining us in IRC, please click IRC Chat above or download your own IRC Client.

The most commonly used IRC client for Windows is mIRC. Below are pictures to help guide you through the setup process.

For those already familiar with IRC clients here is the information for connecting!

Server: irc.coldfront.net

Channel: #overclockersclub

Please use your Overclockersclub user name, and remember, the rules that apply on the site, and the forums

will also apply on IRC.

Below is some information on making your life easier on IRC

To register your nick name:

/msg nickserv REGISTER password email

This will register your name, and send a confirmation link to the email address you've used.

Once you've confirmed your email address you can then identify your nick using

/msg nickserv identify password

again, use the password you've used during the registration process.

To force the server to make you join the channel once you've registered

type:

/msg nickserv ajoin add #overclockersclub

Some common commands

/me -- emotes || IE: /me Dariuas smiles at all of the people joining IRC || *Dariuas smiles at all of the people joining IRC

/msg nick message -- sends a message to the specific user || IE: /msg Dariuas OCC RULES!

/list -- Provides a list of other channels available on the server

If you have any questions at all, please shoot me a message here, I will gladly help you get setup!

Also; please be sure to fill out all of the information in the boxes of the first picture!

mIRC1.JPG mIRC2.JPG mIRC3.JPG

mIRC4.JPG mIRC5.JPG mIRC6.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just logged on it. It's pretty cool. I think it'd be great to hang out on IRC all day. It'd be a great way to organize games for BC2, alien swarm, etc, get help with your PC woes, and just get to know each other a bit better. I approve! :thumbsup: