Overcloking I5 760 still worth it?

Frosty85

If I were you I'D get the same memory as you already have which is dual channel, otherwise you are leaving yourself open to problems like it will not work at all or it will not oc period, which is why you are trying to upgrade, isn't it ? Brand name usually don't matter so long as the specs are the same.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd stick with your motherboard, the more you spend on the current platform on parts like that, which aren't able to be REused, the less worthwhile it is to keep around.

I used a cheap pci-e mini usb3.0 card with my 1366 until I upgraded 1155 and now i still have those two ports available to me in addition to the ones native to the board :)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 3 weeks later...

My brother has a I7 750 in his system. Its been chugging along sense WoW: the burning crusade came out and is jsut as happy as when he got it new. Had to Update to a new HSF, VGA and HDD along the way. but to our surprise with an SSD coupled its quite the quick machine. I can only imagine what a healthy overclock would do to it. :D

I would upgrade it. in fact that is the same motherboard that my Brother uses. Happy overclocking.

And if im not mistaken it overclocks alot like the I7 920 did so guides are readily available.

Cheers.