New Laptop Problem (I want to get rid of windows 8)

Sworn_Vendetta

I feel the same about win8 as the OP and a few others on here. I bought a new Lenovo laptop 2 weeks ago for our office manager at work. She took it to Malta on vacation, so I havent had time to try to put 7 on it. I did how ever have to setup her email, av, and a few other things. My thoughts on Win8 so far are WinME has returned.

Yes W8 makes many things more difficult, worse, things which work in W7, DO NOT IN W8. So I can not find W8 drivers, or use programs (now aps!) without fiddling, searching, muddling and hoping,  Bah humbug.

"Gah damn the pusher man.." from an old song.

Some laptops are not supporting anything but W8.

Tried W8 on an HP Compaq CQ60 220US, no sound drivers. No sound chip support I can find. No easy way to discover this.

Was an attempted (new install) upgrade from Vista.  I know W7 works.

Exiting "aps' and getting idiot "hidden" controls out, rant rave and moan.

Every time a new "experience" appears, W8 makes it irritating, difficult, or impossible.

Some people say just install start8 or some other 3rd party w7 start menu, well I tried them all and still hated w8, just happy it was on a vm so I could delete the whole mess. :yucky: Good luck on getting rid of it.

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem when I first installed XP, luckily for me I just started the whole process again and it all worked fine.

I am not really sure but maybe you could try doing it with a separate partition and keep the Win8 boot loader so you can still get to 8?

Once again I am not 100% but it might be worth a shot. However I don't know if once you have made the partition you will be able to claim it back if it fails.

Although I must agree that having bought a laptop with Windows 8 on recently it is terrible!

Hey, if all else fails, then go to a pro and just pay them to do it for you.  You can ask questions and get answers sometimes too, as to how they did it.  I mean if you are really serious about getting it done.

Hey, if all else fails, then go to a pro and just pay them to do it for you.  You can ask questions and get answers sometimes too, as to how they did it.  I mean if you are really serious about getting it done.

I'm guessing most people don't want to pay another person to fix something that shouldn't be broken in the first place.