Resident Evil 6

WhenKittensATK

Hope it gets back to its roots. Scary as hell. Last few just haven't held up to the standards of first 3.

I agree. The Resident Evil games were some of the best survival horror games around, but lately they've all been about shooting and action. While there is some of that in the trailer for RE6, it does look to have a lot darker tone than RE5. Hopefully it is also scarier instead of just "here's waves of monsters, good luck!"

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well it is getting close to release. I am pretty excited since I played all the RE core games and some spin offs. I wasn't going to pre-order it but I want this version:

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-6-Anthology-Playstation-3/dp/B0088MVODO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348169476&sr=8-2&keywords=resident+evil+6

I am very nostalgic towards the originals of the series. i think it is pretty sweet they have this version available.

• 2 weeks later...

The last Resident Evil game was unplayable to me due to the low and unadjustable field of view. I would get a headache within minutes of trying to play it. It looked like a great game, but I was physically unable to play it like that. Hopefully they make it adjustable or simply set it higher (close to 90 degrees) in RE6.

On an unrelated note, I bought the boxed copy for Resident Evil 4 back when it came out. You moved around using the keyboard and you moved the view using... the keyboard. There was also no way to fix this unless you used 3rd party mods. I never did get a mod to work with the game. It was a complete waste of money for me, lol.

The last Resident Evil game was unplayable to me due to the low and unadjustable field of view. I would get a headache within minutes of trying to play it. It looked like a great game, but I was physically unable to play it like that. Hopefully they make it adjustable or simply set it higher (close to 90 degrees) in RE6.

On an unrelated note, I bought the boxed copy for Resident Evil 4 back when it came out. You moved around using the keyboard and you moved the view using... the keyboard. There was also no way to fix this unless you used 3rd party mods. I never did get a mod to work with the game. It was a complete waste of money for me, lol.

I played RE5 on xbox. Playing RE5 on PC was a lost cause. The controls didn't translate properly to KB and mouse IMO. I gave pre-ordered the PS3 version. It really is a console game.