4 Headsets Comparison Review - Part 1 of 5: Music Quality

El_Capitan

Reading this I sincerely bought Headset because I tought they were better than Headphones. Never intended to use for Play and Talk but I might and I think I know with which game I will! That-s great!

Anyway Headphones usually (if im not wrong) goes inside ear so if there is noise around like in airplane you will have a bothering sound all the time, like I had in the airplane. But the guy at my side had a Headset but with no microphone so my theory is wrong. Headphone could cover hears? I didnt know that.

Anyway I think both are good and sound quality is fair enough good for them.

I also tried my iPod headphones and they really sound very nice!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking is more you getting used to the new sound signiture of your new headphone than anything actually happening to your headphones.

Yes but also the speakers need to worked before they can produce the full range ( or within there specs). You stress it too soon you break the seals . It's like kneeding your bread Dow before baking it

Yes but also the speakers need to worked before they can produce the full range ( or within there specs). You stress it too soon you break the seals . It's like kneeding your bread Dow before baking it

Honestly if my speakers are going to change a huge amount by "breaking them in" I really don't want them. If the act of using them noticeablely wears them to the piont they are sonicly different, then they really aren't made too well imo. In all honestly I can't say that I have noticed any sonic differences after hours and hours of use of my AKG Q701s, CX300-IIs, A5+ speakers or my new AF56ms.

True it will change slightly but if you notice the difference then you either have golden ears or something rather shit in quality.

My 2c

So you are saying you really only want $$$$$$ speakers because 99% of speakers are not broken in for you . Even the most top rates brands ask for about 50 hours before turning up the volume . If you have cheapo stuff, than it really doesn matter , it won't hit its full specs anyways .

So you are saying you really only want $$$$$$ speakers because 99% of speakers are not broken in for you . Even the most top rates brands ask for about 50 hours before turning up the volume . If you have cheapo stuff, than it really doesn matter , it won't hit its full specs anyways .

No I am just saying that the breaking in is more in you head than anything you can hear. As I have said if the sonic quality is really changing so dramatically with a break/burn in then I would be really worried about the use of unstable components that are more likely to fail or move way off from specs and completely ruin the signature of your gear.

I would disagree with saying most top rate brands recomend break in periods. Some do a lot don't and if you want to think about it why would they want to admit their product didn't come 100% out of the box. Bithead recommends something like 75 hours, Airhead only 40 hours, then there is Ultrasone going on about maybe 4 to 6 hours a lot of brands neither confirming nor denying break in, Sennhiser that says their products are great out the box. There are other people not in the industry that claim that AKG K701s break in after 300 hours because yeah after 300 hours of use and after you are probably onto your second set of pads it finally sounds its best?

The whole thing is controversial and I am just pointing out that I am dubious of any break in periods, sure I won't go maxing my gear out, straight out of the box. But by the same token if it isn't freely moving within a few hours of use it really isn't what I paid for.

Headphonic puts it well for anyone asking about break in/ burn in. Taking a spot on the fence and pointing out something good for those that want to break/burn in headphones/speakers/other components.

WHAT IS BURN IN?

Some believe that headphones should be burnt-in to get the best sound out of them. There is no proper or best way to do this, and it

I really would like to understand this discussion.

Does headphones/headsets just Break/Destroy/Malfunction/Die if you use high volume, or what? I really missed with the "break in" and "burn in" words. Remember im not native english speaker. I really wanna know what you are discussing about. I mean I had all my life a lot of crap headphones and never break them. The only problem was the end of the wire where you connect it to your device, it sometimes starts to fail if you use a lot and wires are kind of broken on the inside.

I really would like to understand this discussion.

Does headphones/headsets just Break/Destroy/Malfunction/Die if you use high volume, or what? I really missed with the "break in" and "burn in" words. Remember im not native english speaker. I really wanna know what you are discussing about. I mean I had all my life a lot of crap headphones and never break them. The only problem was the end of the wire where you connect it to your device, it sometimes starts to fail if you use a lot and wires are kind of broken on the inside.

You can damage headphones with too much power. The break/burn in discussion is seperate too that.

It is related to an unproved or disproved notion that to get the best sound quality from new headphones/speakers or other components, you need to break them in by just playing hours and hours of music through them.

It is related to an unproved or disproved notion that to get the best sound quality from new headphones/speakers or other components, you need to break them in by just playing hours and hours of music through them.

Headphone drivers generally don't need break in for more than a few hours in my experience.

Some bigger drivers (subwoofers especially) take a fairly long time to break in. The suspension loosens up quite dramatically on most drivers in the first 20-30 hours of playtime which usually improves low end extension and transient response. This is why you can't really judge large drivers till you've either beaten the crap out of them for a few days or used them normally for quite a long time. :lol:

I play 20 Hz sine waves for a few nights (open air, ~75% of the driver xmax) on all new large drivers I get. It works wonders. :)

I think waco explained it in a simplified way. You drive the speakers to hard right out of the box, most likely those speakers are going to have a short life. It really depends on the type, I left my sub on for 3 days on low volume and a still have another 100 hours to go.

I think waco explained it in a simplified way. You drive the speakers to hard right out of the box, most likely those speakers are going to have a short life.

If you don't exceed their limitations there's no difference in life. The first few minutes of play probably shouldn't be at absolute maximum power though. :lol: "Loud" play is fine...OMG MAXIMUM VOLUME play right out of the box is probably not what you want to do. :P

This sounds like a MYTH thing. I have never ever heard anything related about it .. in fact I almost laugh but it is ok :whistling:

Perhaps some with very specific sound techical knowledge studied that if you let the headphones runing at high volume they will start working with best quality.. I dunno is like to say to get the best out of a Whisky let it get OLD... but that is scientificly proven... or at least is very popular. Another one is related with battery charge, let your battery fully dies, charge full, let fully dies again and then use normally charging when is at 50% or so and it will last longer.