No sound st all

NCC10281982B

I can't get any sound sout of my speakers what so ever. I have checked all the connections (the front headphone jack is also dead), also checked that "external sound" is enabled in the BIOS (this breaks everything), Uninstalled / re-installed drivers & enabled / disabled devices (windows 7. Still not sound from speakers in both windows and Ubuntu. The speakers them selves are functional, I tested with my phone.

The odd thing is the cases internal speaker works in windows but not Ubuntu.

Ideas

well you can try a few things. check what the device manager says and also make sure your speakers are set as default in the sound mixer. sometimes when you plug in headphones are mics, it can change what the default is.

The speakers now work find when directly connected to my rig as opposed to through the KVM. Thus, ether tyhe audio cable between the rig and KVM is messed up or the input audio port on the KVM has failed, I tried both audio out ports. GOD I love technology!

On the bright side I did get a clean windows install out of the deal. Maybe my memory card reader will decide to work now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...