Noctua Socket Lga 1366 Cooler Tested

Nemo

Ya, my Fiance' just ordered me a Noctua 1366 for Valentines Day (I love my woman) so I cant wait. My 920 OC to 3.2Ghz idles in the 40s and hits 80 easily on prime 95 with stock cooling(usually 55-57 while gaming). Im anxious to get this thing, I believe Im going to see a nice decrease in temps. I went with this over the TRUE due to the dual fan design (comes with both fans) and the better cpu contact. Plus its made in Austria.....gotta be qulaity. hahaha.

Nice :)

You'll be happy with it, it's very quiet and should allow you to OC quite a bit more. The mounting system is by far the best one I ever used to, very easy to set up

Edited by Zertz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason it does not impart the thermal load on the I7 that it did on the Core 2 stuff. Tried it a few times and went back to Prime 95 since that hits both the memory controller and the CPU cores. You can reduce temperatures by turning off Hyperthreading but the performance takes a hit

That's interesting...I wonder why it doesn't get as hot? Maybe the power management on the i7 is just that much better...

That's interesting...I wonder why it doesn't get as hot? Maybe the power management on the i7 is just that much better...

Fewer threads running maybe. less load!

Was the Thermalright tested with 2 fans or 1?

They were both tested as delivered. The Noctua Kit comes with 2 fans the TR came with one.