Asus A8n 32-sli-deluxe; 1 Long Beep And 2 Short Beeps On Startup

Do any of you have any recommendation for how to store the processor while the motherboard is off to the repair facility?

Out of the reach of small children ;)

I'm surprised they are coming to the party, given the age of the board.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just boxed up the motherboard, going to be shipping it out tomorrow. I'd be really nice if they just gave me a new motherboard instead of fixing it. Although I'm wondering if fixing might be the better option, considering that I guess this issue could pop up again with a new motherboard if they haven't fixed whatever the problem was in the first place.

And as I mentioned, according to the ASUS website's warranty terms, all motherboards after 1999 carry a 3 year warranty. Mine isn't even 2 years old yet.

The beep code = video error of some kind.

Either the board is faulty or the PSU can no longer handle the power load.

Would be good to have tried a cheap low end PCI-E card but see how it goes when you get the replacement board.

Just a small note.

Case fans always run on the +12v rail, black and red wires always go to yellow and black when using molex 3pin to 4pin adaptor.

Plus look under the fans, the sticker will state +12v.

Edited by Sharp

Yes, I knew the fans ran on 12volt. They ran strong when hooked directly to the power supply instead of the adjustable fan controller.

Which means the adjustable fan controller went to crap too. Oh well, not really needed since I never had it adjuster low. It's wierd that it went out considering that since I never had it adjusted low the resistance wasn't really high.

• 2 weeks later...