Our Ultra Power Partner is Posted

Nemo

Other than the lack of any real testing (yeah yeah i know, shutup cc it's not in the OCC budget to buy superduper PSU testing equipment. Especially when such equipment really says little about a PSU's real ability :lol:) great review :D

I definatly like the well written conclusion. States how useless the product is for most due to its price, yet how great it could be for someone with something like a mini case that has a spare 5 1/4 bay, but no room for a full sized PSU to power their new video card (or something like that)

The only other thing i see worth adding is the inconsistant look it's likely to add in the cons section. Let's face it, thoes extra wires and adapters running around arent the best looking thing in the world if you've worked on keeping a neat case. Best i can tell they coudl have reduced a crapload of clutter by using a differnt type of adapter to detect system power on. Something like a 24 pin version of this:

8f5i3wg.jpg

Image stolen and modified from the egg, because I'm too lazy to take a pic of my own fan :)

Overall I definatly agree with the review conclusions, overpriced for all but a few situations, and then it lacks some of the "polish" you expect at that price/performance range

I'll shutup now :D

I did forget to mention that if you had a water cooling setup, you could power it by this device and have the pump running 24/7 even if the computer is off by using the paperclip trick with the 24-pin adapter. I guess some people would possibly get it for that? :ph34r: