Browser based F@H

kyfire

Yesterday It was announced that there is a new way to [email protected] your browser! That's right, a new F@H app has been released that works within the Google Chrome browser.

Adding a completely new way to fold, directly in the browser
February 24, 2014 by Vijay Pande

Wow, very very interesting! I downloaded it and am giving it a try right now. It seems to run much quicker (UI responsiveness) than the actual software does for me. Overall, we'll see how it goes. But I love that it is incorporated into the browser, especially Chrome, since that's what I usually have open anyhow.

Love the simplicity too.

Had that option for a while with version 7.3 unless that is something else.

this is a totally new thing, not just a control panel from what I understand. The actual folding occurs in the browser.

Yes, they are quite small. I am finishing them in around 7-20 minutes a piece. Which is great for me since being on the go quite a bit lately provides me the opportunity to fold in certain environments without the WU expiring.

I do not believe anything like this is available for GPU folding.

I tried this out on another PC in the house recently, with a 3.2ghz Phenom 2.  Each WU was worth 11 points and took around twenty minutes to complete. This is a good solution for people who want to contribute, without the commitment of installing the full client or waiting hours to large WUs to finish.

Seems it was a server problem they got it fixed, doesnt do to bad 37,000 ppd on a stick clocked 980x... small WU 6 minutes each 28 or 29 a day....

Not bad considering the small amount of effort required to set it up.