Computer on top or bottom of desk?

As the others have suggested - get some filters and put it wherever u feel is better for you. In my case I've got the PC on the desk since there is no place on the floor and + the apartment doesn't have any airflow adding extra dust and my filters get filthy after like a week after they've been cleaned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id have to go with bottom, but its allways a bother.

Between the subwoofer from the audio system, and the octopus created by having 5 foot cables only needing to go a few inches to the powerbar. :yucky:

Eventually Ill have to go to Ikea and use some Swedish designs to curb the cord mess.

Further, I have my tower sit on a slat of wood.

This partially grounds out some of the static that would be eventually held by the carpet, passively drawing dust and particles from the air to the tower.

Also lets you slide the entire tower when having to move or shuffle for foot space.

On top for me. A laptop under my desk would be pretty useless.

External monitor and external peripherals and it would be a good way to get it out of the way.

Velco it right under the desk...

When the screen went on my previous laptop I just plugged in an external display, I already used an external keyboard as the built in one broke.

That is when I decided to mod it:

done2bw6.th.jpg

I put a piece of plexiglass where the keyboard used to be.

I made this pic as well, reflecting screen text off of the plexiglass:

refelect2dr1.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this discussion with my dad. I like mine to be up on top to alleviate the dust and hair issues. My girlfriend sheds a lot... and the last thing I need is her stupid hair frying my GPU! Haha!

It is a bit unsightly being on top of the desk... but I make it work...