IVI's third laptop bake (no fires this time!)

IVIYTH0S

So far I have gotten 1 Dell tech fired after his on site service call fixed the monitor and broke the mobo by slamming the cd rom back in. I call them told them if they sent the same guy back I would gladly shove the 17" laptop up his back side like he did the cd rom. Then mentioned if they bothered to send another tech to my office he/she needs to bring a mobo for the laptop. Go figure new tech shows up looks at laptop and says " I have to order another mainboard for this laptop" I asked did it not say to BRING ONE on the work order he handed me the work order and nope it didn't I told him here's a land line get tech on the phone for me. He did and got the same person I had talked to becuase we had thier name and other credentials and I nicely asked if they needed help removing thier head from their (_._) and where should I bring the crane that would be needed for the job. I was also nice enough to ask if an 18 Ton crane would be big enough or if I need to rent a 50 Ton

I miss old laptops with physical sockets that you can upgrade.

My ivy bridge is interchangable but sadly those tasty forbidden fruits, the 17W versions are all hard soldered in....I'd LOVE to be able to swap my 35W for the 17W chips, *sigh*, all I can do is get the stronger quads for my socket and considering my dual core screams....I'm looking for efficiency and not MOAR CORES, but I am sad that eventually I'll be forced to go all soldered whenever this laptop croaks... (heck I was able to upgrade my sister's Lenovo from an i3 to an i5 from my burnt up last laptop because of interchangeable design...)

Hmmm, I assumed they stopped making things interchangeable, I guess I jumpred the gun a bit too early. :P

I miss old laptops with physical sockets that you can upgrade.

My ivy bridge is interchangable but sadly those tasty forbidden fruits, the 17W versions are all hard soldered in....I'd LOVE to be able to swap my 35W for the 17W chips, *sigh*, all I can do is get the stronger quads for my socket and considering my dual core screams....I'm looking for efficiency and not MOAR CORES, but I am sad that eventually I'll be forced to go all soldered whenever this laptop croaks... (heck I was able to upgrade my sister's Lenovo from an i3 to an i5 from my burnt up last laptop because of interchangeable design...)

Hmmm, I assumed they stopped making things interchangeable, I guess I jumpred the gun a bit too early. :P

You're almost completely right lol

Well....it's still a POS (seems to be a cold issue)

This was after sitting in my cold car for 20 minutes

NikLapBad_zpsb2d106f1.jpg

This is after running it for an hour and then restarting (and it get's fairly warm just sitting, and yes I tried VGA when it was bad for both screens... which makes it HAVE to be the nvidia go 6400 it has)

NikLapwScreen_zpse8691066.jpg

Edited by IVIYTH0S