Normal Temps for AMD 8120 CPU

hylander

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not bad at all, just annoying if you're sitting right next to it.  You can completely get rid of the issue by plugging the fans into the motherboard, which is what I am currently doing until they release the update.  If I hadn't been doing some recording recently, I would have just left them connected to the pump.

I know when I ran my amd cpu I used  "open hardware monitor " to keep a check on temps, it did a better job than those other ones your using, they seemed to be geared more for intel cpu's. :rolleyes:  Also 78c seems much to high for a amd cpu !

I would say 52C is way too high for a case, how are your fans configured?

I miss typed that, should have read 42 C before I air blasted, and cleaned all moving parts. I have 3x 20 cm fans. 1 in front pulling into the case,1 on top venting,the last is on the side panel blowing onto the MB and GPU.

Plus the 12cm exhaust in the rear.

My new case temp after cleaning is now aprox. 35 C after playing CIV V for an hour and some.When idle the temps drop to 18 C.

Okay, 72C is pretty high, if you have a stress testing suite (It doesn't matter which, but OCCT would be easiest), please run it for about 30 min and make a note of the temperatures (OCCT would be best for this as you could just zip the results of the stress test and upload them here). If you see your CPU hit 75C, however, stop the test immediately (you could set an alarm in the BIOS if this makes it easier). I don't want you to kill the chip. Let us know the results and we'll go from there

EuroFight

Reading my own post makes me think I was not too clear.Must have been tired and copied readings from before.My new reading today (after a thorough cleaning) with load seems to max out around 50 C, saw a spike for 62 C, but I had 7-8 apps open, plus browser,and playing some Facebook stuff.(8 browser tabs open.Sorry for the confusion, my bad.

I ran OCCT last night for 1 hr, 64 bit extension.After I cleaned everything, never went above 48.9 C.If I am reading it correctly it is giving a min of 36C-67C. How do I upload a screen shot ? Or even the log report.

I have also looked into my GPU fan speed, it was locked at 15 % I have since increased that to 50 %, a bit noisy on load but I can live with it.

Okay, 72C is pretty high, if you have a stress testing suite (It doesn't matter which, but OCCT would be easiest), please run it for about 30 min and make a note of the temperatures (OCCT would be best for this as you could just zip the results of the stress test and upload them here). If you see your CPU hit 75C, however, stop the test immediately (you could set an alarm in the BIOS if this makes it easier). I don't want you to kill the chip. Let us know the results and we'll

Sorry for the late response, was away for business and left the laptop at home.

I would like to thank everyone especially EuroFight for all your help.

My cooling issues have been resolved and now looking forward to getting and installing a liquid cooled solution.

On that note was just reading a posting on here comparing the Corsair H60,H80i and H100i. Interesting read for sure.

Mind you with only a $5.00 difference in price between the H80i ( $114.97) and the H100i ($119.97) not too sure why they bothered with the H100i.

There appears to be less cooling to value in the H100i. or did I read it wrong.

Prices are in Canadian $ and from Tigerdirect.

Again thanks everyone.