Cooler for AMD Phenom II X4 810? Under 40$?

eedijs

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you following a guide?

I know OC'ing on non BE processors can be a little...uh...risky? I don't know how to put it...

I actually fried my friend's Athlon II because I didn't know what I was doing. LOL.

I used a TX3 (fan bracket version) on a 955be (overclocked it by 800Mhz) and now I'm using it on my 8350. The fan is pretty loud but then again you get what you pay for . Hopefully I'll pick something up in the not too distant future to replace it so I can thrash the 8350 :evilgrin:

Nope, I can't because if I overclock a bit, windows starts crashing. I guess the temp is too high?

Not necessarily. Could be the PSU is too weak, could be that you need to increase voltage, ... Also the 810 has a locked multiplier, so overclocking depends on changing bus speeds. That can easily go wrong if your motherboard or on of the other components affected (RAM) isn't too tolerant of that.

Also 3.6Gz is a little ambitious. It may be possible, but since I wrote the previous paragraph I googled for a few overclocking results, and many reviews didn't get this high.

I think that there's a good chance your attempts to overclock have failed not because of the cooler, so read more about overclocking your CPU and try to get a small overclock without buying a new cooler. Once you get that working (find out what's been stopping you), buy a cooler. I think that the TX3 would work well enough.

Edited by ET3D

I used a tx3 for about a year and had a decent oc with it, so if the price is right go for it. :)

only his amd will run alot hotter then that sandy bridge of yours ;P

I didn't use it on my i7, used it on a amd 550 be unlocked to 4 cores and oc'ed to 3.6 , It kept the temps to about 50c under load, about 12 to 15c below the stock cooler.

edit> The tx3 will get a bit loud because it uses a 92 mm fan and spins faster than a 120mm but it was not as loud as my case fans so really didn't notice it.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Really for Latvia Europe I would guess the best way around that would be to get something locally. Im not sure what kind of VAT or import tax you would encounter but http://www.aquatuning.se/index.php/cPath/1162 I would guess would be the nearest etailer to you. Other then that good luck dude. From what I have experienced Aquatuning is reliable. :D

Really for Latvia Europe I would guess the best way around that would be to get something locally. Im not sure what kind of VAT or import tax you would encounter but http://www.aquatuning.se/index.php/cPath/1162 I would guess would be the nearest etailer to you. Other then that good luck dude. From what I have experienced Aquatuning is reliable. :D

I'm with him!

I water cool. maybe to expensive, but think about it in the future. I run one loop for the CPU and the video card. Both of them run about 40 degrees centigrade when I'm gaming.