Zalman CNPS9900Max Bulletin

Well I got my system stable finally. Now enjoying it With a differnt heat sink fan.

Wanted to try a different HSF so I took my Zalman Heatsink fan off and low and behold the screws that are used to mount it are actually have the ability to touch the motherboards PCB and if tightened enough they are long enough to easily pierce the PCB if careless hands are behind the hex key. :whoa: To make matters worse looking in the manuel there is now real way to tell when this is happening. Nil a warning of this possibly happening.

Warning: I suggest anyone who is using A Zalman heatsink to immediately check there set-up and if the Screws have touched the PCB then please by all means repalce the Heat sink with one of less terrible design.

Known boards that will be effected at the time.

Intel - DX79si

Intel - DX79sr

Lets hope this gets out before someone looses a Board and Processor thanks to this Design Failure.

Regards,

Boinker

Edit: Please note that if your Board is one of the few that has the "save a heatsink" bolt through system like the Asus Rog boards then you are likely not effected.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hardware for LGA2011. Not all heatsinks are engineered for LGA 2011. The nuts on the socket are 40mm and the platform does NOT require a backplate. FYI, SnadyBridge E processors run much hotter thanSandyBridge and this cooler should not be recommended anyhow IMO.

Was hardware for LGA2011. Not all heatsinks are engineered for LGA 2011. The nuts on the socket are 40mm and the platform does NOT require a backplate. FYI, SnadyBridge E processors run much hotter thanSandyBridge and this cooler should not be recommended anyhow IMO.

Do you always post random information that's not relevant to the thread?

Don't you think Boinker knows that a 130 Watt CPU runs hotter than a 95 watt CPU? :lol:

The only grain of information that I forgot to look at was the simple fact that the processor did not come with a Heat Sink Fan. Being that was the only cooler in this state that could Run a SBe set-up I was content with it until I found that problem. But hey there is another reason not to get it.

Thanks Zalman For the warranty Void.

Do you always post random information that's not relevant to the thread?

Don't you think Boinker knows that a 130 Watt CPU runs hotter than a 95 watt CPU?

p>

Thinking about buying a Cooler From Bluepanda if she has anything left.

Nope. Just sold off the one I did have. I think airman might be the man to ask -- I know he has a bunch or will soon enough... :thumbsup:

You would at least think right. But in other news at stock speed that cooler does not run badly. 60c max load so It will take it to 4ghz... I traded it for a Prolimatech megahalems though so it does about 5c better at stock with NO noise. :D Thinking about buying a Cooler From Bluepanda if she has anything left. <br>

That's better than I would have expected. :lol: Sucks that you can kill the board without warning though!

You guys... :lol:

I see how things are here. Waco is allowed to troll and stirr things up and nothing gets done. Thats cool. he has nothing better to do.:rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: