Corsair Vengeance M60 and K60 Review

bp9801

My K60 keyboard is almost 4 months old and I have had the discoloration of the white lettering almost from the beginning.

However, Corsair tested their keyboards further and realized that the white infill material used on the laser-etched keys was defecive.

They have changed the formula and a new production run is underway.

They have sent me a free shipping label so I can send mine in to get a new replacement K60.

Interestingly, they first offered me a free upgrade to a K90 backlit model with the additional macro keys - but I declined because I prefer the narrow K60 and already came up with a lighting solution of my own.

I simply put an Antec Halo 6 LED USB-powered strip under the leading edge of my monitor stand and it casts a soft glow over my desktop area without causing any glare on my screen.

There is one other issue with the K60 - myself and some other users have had a phantom "stuck key" phenomenon occasionally occur.

It usually happens in driving games - one of the keys will seem to be stuck, making the vehicle steer consistently in a circle even though the key isn't physically stuck. I usually have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to exit the game to fix it.

It has also happened during a forum post or two - I was editing a word at the end of a long post and the backspace key stuck and erased the entire text, very frustrating!

I must stress, however, that this sort of thing is rare - only a handful of times in 4 months.

Corsair is also aware of this issue and has come up with a fix that they are testing internally before releasing it - possibly as a small program that runs in the background.

All in all, I consider these issues as teething problems that occur when a company starts releasing new products in a field that they had no previous experience with.

I trust Corsair will fix them and I will end up very happy with my K60 - which I really like otherwise.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm aiming with this for my next mouse. yeah, there are tons of reviews out there and how glad to see the M60 reviewed here at OCC and this one made me stop going in circles in the hunt for a new mice.

i like BluePanda's own way of reviewing stuffs tbh. very comprehensive, straight forward telling how she liked or hated such things for a product. :thumbsup:

and this one simply sums it up why i should lean with the M60 :P ;

I want my mouse back... :rtfm:

i searched the M60 locally and found a bunch of sellers which i can pick it up for as low as PHP 2,300.

might as well having it by tomorrow and have to call in the morning for stock availability, it's 10:42 in the evening here :sleep:

thank you BluePanda! :cheers:

Edited by sword_fish

i searched the M60 locally and found a bunch of sellers which i can pick it up for as low as PHP 2,300.

might as well having it by tomorrow and have to call in the morning for stock availability, it's 10:42 in the evening here :sleep:

thank you BluePanda! :cheers:

Glad you like the reviews -- and I hope you love the mouse as much as I do. I still use this mouse on a regular basis...it's all I use any more to be honest.

:thumbsup:

i just got it today. and yeah, i think this one will suit me better. i like my mouse that weighs, the Adder have it but this ones' much rock solid! :thumbsup:

it glides/tracks perfectly smooth with the Goliathus speed and i thought it's kinda smaller than my former yet i can palm grip with it still with a much better feel IMO. i'm still fiddling with the software atm then will try with my games after.

i have no regrets, thank you again BluePanda! :cheers: