Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

bp9801

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they aren't your memories, they are someone else's stories. Isn't that what George Lucas argued?

The flaw in your argument (I know you're just kidding) is that George Lucas is the original creator, so he can do whatever he wants with it and we should accept that. Michael Bay, on the other hand, is not the original creator of TMNT, so if he wants to change the whole backstory, to put it bluntly, he's a douche :lol:

The flaw in your argument (I know you're just kidding) is that George Lucas is the original creator, so he can do whatever he wants with it and we should accept that. Michael Bay, on the other hand, is not the original creator of TMNT, so if he wants to change the whole backstory, to put it bluntly, he's a douche :lol:

Bay just needs to buy the rights and then it's the same thing though, and he more than likely would have to in order to make the film anyway.

Honestly though, why do they need to mess with backstory? Just make a new story all together. It would probably be cheaper than getting the rights and potentially alienating those old enough to remember the TV show.

Bay just needs to buy the rights and then it's the same thing though, and he more than likely would have to in order to make the film anyway.

Honestly though, why do they need to mess with backstory? Just make a new story all together. It would probably be cheaper than getting the rights and potentially alienating those old enough to remember the TV show.

Because Bay doesn't think like that. :P

Building a richer world does not require destroying the old one.

Although, if I remember the backstory correctly, making them aliens could remove the environmental message of the turtle being mutated by industrial waste, or whatever it was. However it could be spun where Shredder is a human trying to destroy the aliens just because they are aliens, which could still be an environmental message.

My vote, just don't make the movie.

It's quite possible that the back story doesn't change that much and that simply they'll say/show that the mutagen that transformed the turtles was alien in nature. They never actually said where the mutagen came from, simply that it was radioactive and seeped into the sewers. We assume that it was man-made with an origin similar to that of Spider-man, but I can see them changing that. The comics, TV series, and movies all handled the origin slightly differently, so maybe it's not as bad as we think it'll be.

Mutagen: http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Mutagen

If Andrew is correct and the mutagen ends up being alien, that would not be too bad. If it is something else, well, I dunno.

I just don't get why so many movies have to be reinvented or some other BS. Why can't Hollywood do something original for a change? Oh wait, that'd require actually using a brain....

I just don't get why so many movies have to be reinvented or some other BS. Why can't Hollywood do something original for a change? Oh wait, that'd require actually using a brain....
It's not so much a matter of brain power, but rather that existing IP = big bucks...you have an existing fan base plus the potential to add new ones. For new IP, all you have is the latter.