RMA DDR3 RAM

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it pass with a single stick? Maybe reflash with the stable one and try again.

Past that - try bumping up to 1.55 or 1.6 volts on the RAM.

Just remember, even after you reflash.... after you swap memory kit back to the Mushkin to do a CMOS clear and load optimized defaults.  You are relying on the BIOS to pick up the XMP profile timings.  Once you do that, it wouldn't hurt to boot into Windows and use CPUz to verify that your RAM timings are set per the XMP profile.

Earlier someone recommended increasing your dram voltage - I think that is a good idea and worth a try.  Along similar lines, someone recommended testing each stick individually - another solid suggestion.

Mushkin makes great RAM!

There are also a few related voltages that might help stabilize your DDR3 1866 memory and if you'd like you can try these;

CPU / NB Overvoltage - increase from stock 

NB Overvoltage - increase from stock 

NB / HT Overvoltage - increase from stock

Start by adding +.02v to each of these and retest

Best of luck.

Today, my new RAM came, I upgraded slightly to the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231623

Better timings, and removable heatsink. 

I still have to enter the speed and timings manually, because my board does NOT have a option to enable XMP profiles, but it's 75% through memtest86 without any errors. 

Seems that I dodged a bullet with the BIOS, and I was able to reflash without any problems.