RMA DDR3 RAM

Thanks for the information, but I must be completely retarded, because I can't find where to load the XMP profile. Apart from manually entering the timings I can't find the settings you are talking about.

Edited by Kuronin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What motherboard and processor are you running?  We keep referring to enabling XMP profiles - but I suspect that you are running an AMD based board that doesn't do XMP natively  :)

Makes sense now.  Looks like you were already on the right track by taking the memory spd information reported "Memory Insight" and adjusting those values in the memory configuration section.  Most important are the four primary memory timings and memory voltage.  Your target values are; 9-9-9-27 @ 1.5v with a 2T command rate.

After updating and confirming the new values you should be ready to save, boot and test.  However, I'd still recommend clearing your CMOS and reloading optimized defaults before your proceed with the memory adjustments.

Still getting over 7000 errors during memtest86, I am going to return the defective memory and I am going to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231623

It has better timings anyway, is Mushkin a good brand? I have never used them before.

Mushkin is a very good brand. WE have been using them in our test beds for years now without any major concerns.

Just for kicks what happens when you run them at 1600?

I will try, but I paid for RAM that will run at 1866, not 1600.

tht board as well as many other AMD boards support XMP profiles... you can clearly see it in the screen shot where MEMORY EXT is labeled....

Can you tell me where the settings are to change to XMP profiles, I can't find it anywhere, and that screenshot is simply information, I cannot change any of the settings on that page.

Edited by Kuronin

Still getting over 7000 errors during memtest86, I am going to return the defective memory and I am going to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231623

It has better timings anyway, is Mushkin a good brand? I have never used them before.

Mushkin is a very good brand. Most likely you got a bad unit.

Edited by d6bmg