Datsun Z Thread

Onion

A thread dedicated to my various asshattery with the Z. Here's a walk around vid, and a rev vid. 

Done:

Exhaust smell in cabin.

Wipers randomly turn on while driving. 

To do:

Oil change.

Bit of play in shifter.

Shift knob loose.

Properly align steering wheel.

RPM gauge and light broken.

Speedo bounces when under 35 mph. 

Gas gauge broken.

Need new rubber thing on the left front axle.

Rear disc conversion.

Get different wheels.

Overall, the car's extremely clean, well maintained, and properly restored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJBiiJpv11U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g06wKEgCI40

I drove this car around a little bit when I was in Miami this weekend. It handles amazingly, its got road feel like I've never even imagined, no power steering is amazing. Seating position is great, especially with the Corbeau seats. Also, the cam sounds great combined with this exhaust. :lol: I'm going to get a lot of crap for saying this, especially from two members on here, but I really think that if the same driver drove a 240Z and an early Miata, it would be a very close race. 

Edited by Onion

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad has a lime green 73' (i think?) he got it running and everything..

I'll try and take some pictures of it and upload them later on.

Edited by damian

Really nice looking Z you got there!   :wub:

I love Z's.  My first car was a gold '78 280ZX (the fatter body style).  I seriously loved that car, I often think of finding another one for fun.

@Bishop, I've seen Zs that look a lot worse than you, lol. :lol:

@Damian I love that color. There's a guy on YouTube that I follow with a lime green one and a big turbo SR20DET swap, that car goes like hell and looks so nice.

@RedFury Pics pics pics pics! Also, check out eBay, ZX models are dirt cheap, they're not as desirable as the earlier Z models because the majority of people don't think they look as good.

Edited by Onion

It is definitely a good looking car.

In my opinion there are very few Nissan Z, ZX, and even SX cars that don't look good.

I agree, with the exception of the 300ZX which looks like absolute trash lmao. I'd drive the hell out of the twin turbo one, but I hate that front end and those headlights. 

LS swap!!!!! :woot:

Lol that car is cleaner then my 93. Looks like fun, treat her nicely!

I'd love an LS swap, but my main concern is the understeer. The I6 is heavier than a 4 banger, but you still get understeer in corners. The weight of the engine just makes it plow straight ahead. Maybe I'll get a beater Z for like $1,500 and LS swap that one. :lol: '93 300ZX? 

Also, that cam is so nice lol. All the torque is so far down, and it revs higher than stock. Tach is broken, but it feels like 7500-8000 rpm. 

Edited by Onion

Overall body style reminds me of the modern 370z which doesn't have the lengthened sports car wheelbase of a classic sports car...yours is definitely classic styling ...good one leet !

In my opinion there are very few Nissan Z, ZX, and even SX cars that don't look good.

I agree, with the exception of the 300ZX which looks like absolute trash lmao. I'd drive the hell out of the twin turbo one, but I hate that front end and those headlights. 

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.png

Out of all the non-Datsun models the 300ZX is by far the best looking in my opinion.
:wallbash:

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.png

Out of all the non-Datsun models the 300ZX is by far the best looking in my opinion.

:wallbash:

But that front end! :lol: I'd say Nissan S13/S14 Sylvia for my favorite looking Nissan car. And my favorite Nissan Z is the 370. I don't really like the 80s-90s stuff from them.