Patriot Viper II Sector 5 Memory Modules Tested

Nemo

Even stock these ripped the other competitors a new hole, overclocked it just about destroyed them.

:blink: They did? At any normal resolution they didn't offer much of anything at all.

Anyway - they look good and the price is right. The high frequency looks nice for not limiting your overclock in any way as well. :)

:blink: They did? At any normal resolution they didn't offer much of anything at all.
okay... okay... I had just barely woken up...

:P

On the synthetic benches they did pretty damn good.

Further testing would need to be done in order to confirm whether or not they actually at stock "ripped the other competitors a new hole" and whether or not overclocked "it just about destroys them."

:lol:

okay... okay... I had just barely woken up...

:P

On the synthetic benches they did pretty damn good.

Further testing would need to be done in order to confirm whether or not they actually at stock "ripped the other competitors a new hole" and whether or not overclocked "it just about destroys them."

I put zero faith in 3DMark other than as a synthetic benchmark. At normal resolutions what type of memory you have rarely makes more than 1-2% difference...even when the cost of high-end memory is often 30%+ higher.

/disclaimer - very drunk

Edited by Waco