DDR5 Ram?

Yes, you can make do with old hardware, but if you want to experience the newest games on a 4k monitor, then you need a hefty setup. If you want the fastest rendering times, then you need the fastest RAM you can get, if you want snappy loading times, then you need a good SSD etc etc. 

There's a difference between what you need to make do, and what you would like to experience something fully. I, too, don't have the most insane setup ever and I'm happy with it, but if someone were to offer me a 3 way Titan SLI rig, then I wouldn't turn it down, because it would allow me to max every game setting in any game.

And like I wrote, DDR4 will be most beneficial to large corporations, because of the sheer amount they use, which in turn reduce their power bill substantially.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what happened to that Rambus tech :D

They're just patent trolls these days...

Thought they stopped with that nonesense. They actually had a nice thing that could boost DDR3 speeds using existing modules or something, guess it would've been bad for the market or something.

Thats true a 7770 should play games just fine I'm running a APU right now that I got for $70s. I ordered a 7950 because it went on sale and was at a good price point.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, hell I have tons of electronics I don't need. 

I went through a I want the latest hardware phase a few months ago and was nearly flat broke. lol. I'm fine with owning older technology now as it still performs just fine. Even the nexus 4 is on pair with a lot of the latest smartphones out there, I mean for normal every day usage however. It'll take them a couple year in my opinion to really optimize these high end spec devices to really take advantage of the hardware is all I'm saying.

No it's not, it doesn't have a microSD card or removable battery :teehee:

I went from a gtx670 to a gtx780 on my triple monitor gaming setup and noticed a difference in game performace, Much smother with the new card (I tend to run everything at max if I can)... did I need the new card? not realy. Is my gamming experience better? yea.

As far as system ram, untill that becomes an actual bottleneck to the general user/gammer it's not a big deal. Though, like mentioned above, it would probibly help some buisness orientated applications...I would suspect app's that require lot of ram would benifit...

Thats true a 7770 should play games just fine I'm running a APU right now that I got for $70s. I ordered a 7950 because it went on sale and was at a good price point.

I went through a I want the latest hardware phase a few months ago and was nearly flat broke. lol. I'm fine with owning older technology now as it still performs just fine. Even the nexus 4 is on pair with a lot of the latest smartphones out there, I mean for normal every day usage however. It'll take them a couple year in my opinion to really optimize these high end spec devices to really take advantage of the hardware is all I'm saying.

Oh but you can use a flash drive on the micro usb port, 16GBs is all a phone needs. Most people don't go through a 2100mAh battery  within a day  anyhow.

Edited by kennethk

Oh but you can use a flash drive on the micro usb port, 16GBs is all a phone needs. Most people don't go through a 2100mAh battery  within a day  anyhow.

Have fun carrying around the flash drive plugged into it :rolleyes: , 16GB is ok...but that's all you get, no expandability. My music collection is just over 8GB, then I have a ton of roms for all the emulators on my phone that take up a fair chunk of space, not to mention the most important part is the storage is removable and not as volatile as the internal memory (what I mean by volatile is, say you crack up the phone or it straight dies...your backups to your SD card are still accessible everywhere else but you may never be able to access whatever is stored internally anymore.

Yeah but why settle for just enough, and what if you can't get home or to a charger, it's always nice to have more battery then you need because it could save you sometime (whether it be an emergency situation or simple boredom)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Have fun carrying around the flash drive plugged into it :rolleyes: , 16GB is ok...but that's all you get, no expandability. My music collection is just over 8GB, then I have a ton of roms for all the emulators on my phone that take up a fair chunk of space, not to mention the most important part is the storage is removable and not as volatile as the internal memory (what I mean by volatile is, say you crack up the phone or it straight dies...your backups to your SD card are still accessible everywhere else but you may never be able to access whatever is stored internally anymore.

Yeah but why settle for just enough, and what if you can't get home or to a charger, it's always nice to have more battery then you need because it could save you sometime (whether it be an emergency situation or simple boredom)

Looks like a chore  :mfp:

otg-hero_0.jpg

If you seriously need the extra battery get one of these

full-32136-62743-usb_aa_battery_emergenc

Or a solar powered phone charger that can fit on your key rings - They also have battery cases for the nexus 4

Edited by kennethk