Is buying a 2nd 670 worth it?

FUZi0N

Is it worth it for me to find another GTX 670 (current card) and run them in SLI or should I go for the GTX 970 or 980? Never had much interest in SLI and not sure on what performance increase I'd see from 2 cards.

Edited by FUZi0N

Looks like I could get a used 670 around 150-200, maybe cheaper if I tried harder. It just dawned on me though, I could buy a new 970, throw my 670 on ebay and get over half my money back for it. My brain isn't functioning tonight, just answered my own damn question. :doh:

150 sounds pretty bad tbh.

I would go SLI if the card i had was only 70 or so, otherwise, sell it, and get the newer card.

Ya, I'm judging that price off my exact same model I found on eBay. It's currently sitting just under 150 with 4 bids. If I was going SLI, I'd be really picky and find the exact same model which I don't think is required.

150 sounds pretty bad tbh.

I would go SLI if the card i had was only 70 or so, otherwise, sell it, and get the newer card.

Ya, I'm judging that price off my exact same model I found on eBay. It's currently sitting just under 150 with 4 bids. If I was going SLI, I'd be really picky and find the exact same model which I don't think is required.

Sounds like a 970 is in your future :)

Unless you can get a 670 for under $100, I would sell that 670 and get a 970.

I would agree. I was in this same situation. GTX680 is about the same price $150-200. I would only consider if it was below $100. So ended up buying El_Capitan's two GTX970s. Man, 1440p and 96 hz gaming is expensive if you want to run higher settings. Do-able with a GTX680 on medium settings, but some games are just missing details on that setting.