The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shows

BattleStar Galactica (2005): Just about done Season 2 and still handily enjoying it

Anime

Steins;Gate: Second run through...and it moved up to my 3rd favorite anime from 4th. So good!

Btooom!: Half way through and it's pretty good, kinda like hunger games

Tokyo Ghoul: Interesting so far, 4 episodes in so I still don't know exactly where it's going. Kinda seems like Bleach/Deadman Wonderland

Deadman Wonderland: Finished it, short and entertaining with some colorful characters but ending was rushed and abrupt. They could have made it longer and spread more of the content out but still an ok show for entertainment, not going in my top though.

Black Rock Shooter: Catchy Intro, BEAUTIFUL fight animation, stupid stupid stupid plot. Such a waste of time and talent

Darker Than Black (season 2): I liked this a little better than the first, it didn't jump around as much since they largely focused on one direction in time. I'd recommend it

Lupin III (season 2): realized I never finished this so well... I'm finishing it haha. A classic anime

• 3 months later...

I've been watching CW's "The 100". I watched Season 1 through Netflix, and bought Season 2 on Amazon Instant. It has some elements of "Lord of the Flies", Battlestar Galactica (when on habitable planets, and no Cylon involvement), and Firefly (think Reavers).

The first half of Season 1 isn't very good, but the 2nd half gets much better. Season 2 is pretty good.

I've been watching CW's "The 100". I watched Season 1 through Netflix, and bought Season 2 on Amazon Instant. It has some elements of "Lord of the Flies", Battlestar Galactica (when on habitable planets, and no Cylon involvement), and Firefly (think Reavers).

The first half of Season 1 isn't very good, but the 2nd half gets much better. Season 2 is pretty good.

I'm going to add this to my "to watch" list because it sounds up my alley just from your description

Movies

22 Jump Street: I liked this even better than the first one, felt it had a much better flow and got some laughs from it.

Good Will Hunting: I'd been meaning to watch this for a while, and WOW was it good! Every body should see this movie!

Chocolate(2008): Great Thai martial arts movie, those Ong Bok folks know how to make a good one!

Excalibur(1981): Really good movie, neat effects for the time and very entertaining

Foxcatcher: Not sure how I felt about this, I guess it was more educational than anything? Not really a wrestling fan lol

The Todo list: Entertaining, yet awkward as I watched it with my parents. Definitely had some good chuckles from it though

Shows

Archer: This season is just as great as always, not much else to say.

Anime

Break/Broken Blade: Good but rather rushed (short) series, beautiful art and music, kind of like a long movie with an abrupt end/climax.

Great Teacher Onizuka: Pretty funny but some episodes were less entertaining and I just felt like I was watching them as a chore. I usually liked episodes that connected with one another. Still a classic series and fun to hear many voices from Cowboy Bebop spread throughout.

Another: Just started this and it's rather intriguing, kinda 'horrorry' but also not really.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 1 month later...