RMA Success Thread 2014/2015

IVIYTH0S

Manufacturer: Gigabyte

Damn, so the issue wasn't fixed the first NOR second time?

ok mythos, the MS circus is as good as it's gonna get "for today"

Thanks, feel free to update it when ALL is said and done!

Idk I never tested it the second time I sold it on eBay. I know dick move on my part but I was sick of it.

Just a little :P but I understand your frustration...What happened that you needed to send it back?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manufacturer: Gigabyte

Damn, so the issue wasn't fixed the first NOR second time?

ok mythos, the MS circus is as good as it's gonna get "for today"

Thanks, feel free to update it when ALL is said and done!
Idk I never tested it the second time I sold it on eBay. I know dick move on my part but I was sick of it.
Just a little [emoji14] but I understand your frustration...What happened that you needed to send it back?
30+ degree stock idle temps, and a Northbridge and vrm that you could cook an egg on.

Just a little [emoji14] but I understand your frustration...What happened that you needed to send it back?

30+ degree stock idle temps, and a Northbridge and vrm that you could cook an egg on.

You should have actually cooked an egg on it for proof the second RMA

Well I'll have some new joy to add to this one soon enough, but so far so good.

My 290X has a fan that for a month now has been going bad.  It's to the point that the rattle from within the case is unbearable at the best of times now so I started the RMA process.  It's a Powercolor PCS+ and I WAS just going to buy some fans and fix it myself though getting the right size pwm fans and dealing with cabling..well long story short the only "easy" way that doesn't require modding is either new cooler or a $160 set of original fans (WTF?!?!?).

So yesterday I finally registered and submitted my RMA request. They sent an email that it would take 1-2 days for a response and I got the RMA and shipping info earlier today.  It might be a day or two before I get it shipped out, but once they get it and something happens I'll update. 

My only real concern is reading some of the Powercolor RMA horror stories. I found one guy who sent in a 290, had them send a DOA one, admit it was DOA when they got it back, send him another defective card, then FINALLY send him a card that actually worked all while telling him too bad on all his extra shipping costs. With that said there were some good stories out there too so maybe I'll get lucky this time unlike freaking Corsair. Oh and in case anyone is wondering I'm riding this one out with the awesome 4930K/750 Ti combo.  AA I will miss you :(

Well I'll have some new joy to add to this one soon enough, but so far so good.

My 290X has a fan that for a month now has been going bad.  It's to the point that the rattle from within the case is unbearable at the best of times now so I started the RMA process.  It's a Powercolor PCS+ and I WAS just going to buy some fans and fix it myself though getting the right size pwm fans and dealing with cabling..well long story short the only "easy" way that doesn't require modding is either new cooler or a $160 set of original fans (WTF?!?!?).

So yesterday I finally registered and submitted my RMA request. They sent an email that it would take 1-2 days for a response and I got the RMA and shipping info earlier today.  It might be a day or two before I get it shipped out, but once they get it and something happens I'll update. 

My only real concern is reading some of the Powercolor RMA horror stories. I found one guy who sent in a 290, had them send a DOA one, admit it was DOA when they got it back, send him another defective card, then FINALLY send him a card that actually worked all while telling him too bad on all his extra shipping costs. With that said there were some good stories out there too so maybe I'll get lucky this time unlike freaking Corsair. Oh and in case anyone is wondering I'm riding this one out with the awesome 4930K/750 Ti combo.  AA I will miss you :(

You're fighting good fight, for all of us here :)

Godspeed!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update for anyone who cares, so far Powercolor has had the card for over a week and the only thing I've heard out of them was an email several days after they received the card:

Please allow 15 working business days for us to process your RMA request.

*Special cases and scenarios may results in delays in RMA processing time.

You will receive another e-mail confirmation with a tracking number when your replacement has been shipped out.

It's a boneheadedly easy problem to test for (literally don't have to make it past BIOS to see the fan problem, and they have the policy of just shipping refubs anyway so I really don't see the reasoning for bothering with the rest atm).  

When you compare to a company like evga where I've had them ship replacements in less than 24 hours of receipt at times it looks bad, but so far they have been updating with time estimates even if they are rather long so we shall see.  

I can really see the benefit in picking companies with quick turn around time if you don't have a considerable pile of spare parts around, I would be dead on my main rig for a VERY long timeit seems if I didn't have an OK fall back and unable to play games or even use it in the case of that platform (no onboard video on the X79/X99 platforms like the mainstream) I'll admit all the poo flinging over the GTX 970 thing has put me close to buying a new card while I wait, but I know I shouldn't. (And I would be too tempted to buy another 290X and then need a PSU and then be dealing with multigpu crap all over again and still want to upgrade in another 6 months anyway)

Just a quick update for anyone who cares, so far Powercolor has had the card for over a week and the only thing I've heard out of them was an email several days after they received the card:

Please allow 15 working business days for us to process your RMA request.

*Special cases and scenarios may results in delays in RMA processing time.

You will receive another e-mail confirmation with a tracking number when your replacement has been shipped out.

It's a boneheadedly easy problem to test for (literally don't have to make it past BIOS to see the fan problem, and they have the policy of just shipping refubs anyway so I really don't see the reasoning for bothering with the rest atm).  

When you compare to a company like evga where I've had them ship replacements in less than 24 hours of receipt at times it looks bad, but so far they have been updating with time estimates even if they are rather long so we shall see.  

I can really see the benefit in picking companies with quick turn around time if you don't have a considerable pile of spare parts around, I would be dead on my main rig for a VERY long timeit seems if I didn't have an OK fall back and unable to play games or even use it in the case of that platform (no onboard video on the X79/X99 platforms like the mainstream) I'll admit all the poo flinging over the GTX 970 thing has put me close to buying a new card while I wait, but I know I shouldn't. (And I would be too tempted to buy another 290X and then need a PSU and then be dealing with multigpu crap all over again and still want to upgrade in another 6 months anyway)

Yeah, that's a shame, hope they're faster than their max by a large margin.

I agree, if I didn't have my dad's 7770 to use while my 7970 was sent to MSI I would have been a sad camper. (That's a GREAT little card btw, I was playing Dishonored at 1920x1200 at the time and didn't have to lower any settings!)

Poo-flinging over the 970?? lol

• 3 months later...

Yeah I fail, forgot to update, but long story short, they had the card for ~3 and a half weeks and sent me a refurb that works fine. Overall I would spend and extra $30 on an "equal" nvidia card with EVGA stamped on it no questions asked to have their RMA department over Powercolor's based on my experiences with the two.

Yeah I fail, forgot to update, but long story short, they had the card for ~3 and a half weeks and sent me a refurb that works fine. Overall I would spend and extra $30 on an "equal" nvidia card with EVGA stamped on it no questions asked to have their RMA department over Powercolor's based on my experiences with the two.

Fair enough, glad you weren't screwed though!

Just rma ed my Intel dx79si. They were awesome from the time of contact to the time i received the replacement i was a very satisfied. Turn around time from sent to received replacement was 7 business days. Going to test it soon. Very happy with service.