New here, need help

Hello people, i need help ive been using crappy laptops not gaming laptops at all..

but now i want to build a nice gaming CPU

so far i got the intel core i5-2320 i think its 3ghz and a thermaltake case v4 black edition

but thats the only thing i know its good.

i need a good advise about the video card, because i don't know much about this stuff.., i just want to play diablo 3 really good!, world of warcraft like in high-ultra, and have a stable cpu for a good time.. if you know what i mean so tell when what do u think i should buy, i got like 120$ for the video card. maybe a bit more help please.

sorry for the bad english

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you only have two real options

I recommend you spend a few dollars more and get a GTX 560SE (or 460/550ti) or an AMD 6850

you can find them for about 130$

Edited by potatochobit

you only have two real options

I recommend you spend a few dollars more and get a GTX 560SE (or 460/550ti) or an AMD 6850

you can find them for about 130$

Thanks!! A LOT! really!!! your god right now, both types are good. :biggrin:

AndresP please tell us where you are from and link some stores from which you want to buy your hardware. I will poke around there and try to get you the best card for 120$ (prices in USA are different from other countries)

And welcome to OCC :)

Andres I have a few questions.

1. What games are you playing?

2. what resolution is your monitor running at?

3. Can you save up money, or buy a used card?

A ATI/AMD 6870 is going to be a good gaming card. I know it is out of your budget, but that is normally where you break out from low range to mid range graphics cards. Normally when people buy a video card for gaming, it would be a GTX 560ti, a AMD 6950, or an AMD 7870. All of those cards are pretty much twice the price of your budget. Basically what I am trying to say is do not be disappointed when your games are running a bit slower than you would have liked. Just because we recommend a good card for your budget, it does not mean that it will necessarily be a great card for gaming. I am just giving you a heads up.

A ATI/AMD 6870 is going to be a good gaming card. I know it is out of your budget, but that is normally where you break out from low range to mid range graphics cards. Normally when people buy a video card for gaming, it would be a GTX 560ti, a AMD 6950, or an AMD 7870. All of those cards are pretty much twice the price of your budget. Basically what I am trying to say is do not be disappointed when your games are running a bit slower than you would have liked. Just because we recommend a good card for your budget, it does not mean that it will necessarily be a great card for gaming. I am just giving you a heads up.

I think the 6850 is the medium-high border card and from what i've read it runs games great at 1080p.

Incoming shameless plug... My Galaxy GTX 560 is for sale on ebay for just $89 right now with a day to go. I won't post a link, that seems just too shady. The 560 is a good card, I just bought a matching pair of MSI gtx560 for sli and so I'm selling of the galaxy I just bought in February.

Both a GTX 560 and a HD 6850 are good cards (comparable performance), the 6850 draws a little less power and that could help if you have a smallish power supply and try going to crossfire/sli later on. However, I hear of a lot of driver problems with the ATI cards compared to Nvidia.

Newegg links:

HD 6850

GTX 560 wow, prices are going up, I didn't pay this much...

These cards are both good at running almost all games on one monitor at High to Ultra at 1910x1080 resolution. Some games like Metro or Crysis need to be scaled back a little, but still look great. I don't have WoW or Diablo to tell you how they run though.

If you want a multi-monitor setup then you will want better or more cards. If you don't play at 1080, well you should because it looks so good.

In the current build for the Diablo 3 beta (one that has been stated to be an old version without a lot of bug-fixes) even a 5770 manages to max the game out and be playable (between 25 and 40 FPS depending on whats going on and the area) at 1080p so I would say that (and the 6770/7750) is probably the lowest you should go, and all of these can be found on Newegg currently for <$120.

However, if you are going to be using this for more graphically intense games then the budget needs to come up in order to have a GPU worth keeping for a few years.

you all speak of newegg but seriously - judging from Andres wonderful english (no offense Andres :P ) I am pretty sure he isn't from Amurica

Since he never specified a country, the automatic assumption is that he is somewhere in NA. Thus, Newegg.

you all speak of newegg but seriously - judging from Andres wonderful english (no offense Andres :P ) I am pretty sure he isn't from Amurica

Soo yes, haha your right! im from venezuela and getting $$ is not easy, my mom's job gave her a credit for like 1000$ in our money wich is bolivares, with that im going to buy the intel core i5, mother board, case, power supply etc. w.e i can buy with it

BUT the video cards HERE SUCKS! is like they only have one that says " XFX 1 gb " nothing else, i cant even search it in the internet LOL.. so..

my parents are going to travel in a week and she gave me 200$ so im planning to buy the video card with that.. this is the list i just gave her thanks to the 1st 2 post

1.- GTX 560ti

2.- AMD 6870

3.- GTX 560

4.- AMD 6850

5.- GTX 460 1GB

6.- GTX 550ti

thanks a lot! the gtx 560ti is on the list now!

i have 200$ for the video card

like i said i normally play with sucky laptops, right now im playing league of legends and world of warcraft

my resolution is always at 1280x800

MAN i did a raid in cataclysm THE ENTIRE RAID playing with 2 FPS TWOO!! that's when i decided to get a PC, Im pretty sure i cant go lower than 2 i think i was like 0.1fps .. and i had FAIR graphics not even LOW -.-