Which RAM please Help. Hero VII & 4790K 32GB needed.

So im about to purchase my components, my only issue is ram.

Intel 4790k with a hero vii mobo.

Use mainly as photoshop and heavy application use, with the option for games also...

Ive been sugested by ccokeman to go for...

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R (Red) - apox

Considering the price differential there isn't any reason to spend the extra money.  If you're in to benchmarks waste the cash, if you're in to just getting stuff done stick with the kit that CCokeman recommended.

In fact the kit that he recommended will probably overclock to DDR3 2133 or higher if you tweak the timings (and possibly bump the voltage a tad).

If your mainly doing heavy applications, Photoshop and planing to upgraded 2X8GB kit down the road then you would be better off buying a matched 4X8GB kit of (PC3 12800) now and spend the money up front.

Generally you can run any dual channel kit with out issues 2X2GB, 2X4GB, and 2X8GB at any speeds from 1333MHz upto 3200MHz,.. but when running four DIMMs in max configuration 32GB always buy 4X8 kits that Asus approved/tested and listed in your motherboards QVL.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO_MEMORY_QVL.pdf

Edited by Braegnok

Considering the price differential there isn't any reason to spend the extra money.  If you're in to benchmarks waste the cash, if you're in to just getting stuff done stick with the kit that CCokeman recommended.

In fact the kit that he recommended will probably overclock to DDR3 2133 or higher if you tweak the timings (and possibly bump the voltage a tad).

I agree!

For everyday tasks 2400Mhz and higher memory just takes a bit of cash out of your pocket at the expense of higher latency.  You gain more with capacity than speed unless you are pushing high benchmark scores

A good 1866Mhz kit is a really good sweet spot that will allow some overclocking fun without the added expense for e-peen. 

To make it easier please help me find a ram thats good/fast and available on http://www.overclockers.co.uk

Im after 32GB mainly for photoshop but will be used for heavy application and have the ability to play some games in the future.

Hero VII mobo with 4790K processor.

Im after 32GB matched set that can possibly be over-clocked or a straight out of the box set that will outperform budget is about

So ive been suggested this memory by the Fab ccokeman

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R (Red) its cas9

How do I find the exact same in a 32GB kit that would work on the hero VII with 4790K

Or would it be okey to buy 2 lots of this kit to get the wanted 32GB someone suggested it would be unstable ?

Many Thanks in advance.

My 2 cents :

Keep in mind that some CPU's may struggle with getting high RAM speeds stable (especially when using all the slots), I know some 4770K's that can barely get 2133MHz stable but the 4790K should manage fine with the right settings.

I am running a 2x4Gb set of Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz together with a 2x4Gb set of Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz and have both overclocked to 2400MHz and using the timings from the original 2400MHz kit.
This is on a 4770K and ASUS Maximus VI Hero.

So from personal experience, the Corsair Vengeance Pro series is great for overclocking and stability.

I personally have run two sets of the same brand/speed/timings/voltage RAM without any compatibility problems in the past, and am currently running the two different sets as mentioned above without problems.

But it might be easier getting a 4x8Gb 1600MHz or 1866MHz matched set as it might be easier to configure and won't stress the mem controller as much as a 4x8Gb 2400MHz kit. 

I'v never had a bad stick or any compatibility issues with Corsair Memory,.. and it comes with a life time full replacement warranty.  

CMT32GX3M4X1866C9 4X8GB kit,.. http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-gt-with-dhx-pro-connector-1-5v-32gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmt32gx3m4x1866c9

Edited by Braegnok