Improving airflow in computer case

The LianLi Lancool K62 is a sweet case for the price. Fit and finish are average, but it's well thought out. Has plenty of space and wire management options. I'm also a fan of the sideway mounted hdd cage.

I haven't looked back since buying the case - it's pretty sick!:thumbsup:

Love all the tool-less technology and cable management Lian-Li put into it - made transferring my computer all the more enjoyable. I was so :woo:

I'm a type of guy that enjoys seeing all that's going on inside the case so +100 for the side window :D

Will definitely be recommending this case to my friends - especially with its decent price (Got it for about $144 AUD from MSY Australia).

Edited by Alexandre

I see that you have addressed the issues following some of my input, so glad to be of help, Congrats on the cool case, i know that it has a dust filter at the bottom, but how about the front mesh panel, any dust filter there? With all that improved airflow a rpm panel ( fans) might be a good addition. ( you can also just 5v mod the molex and call it a day)

@ UT66: Your help was appreciated my friend. Might end up still fixing up the old case a bit more for my brother with the other suggestions which were given here, when I have the time.

How about the front mesh panel, any dust filter there?

All the mesh across the front of the case and below the case (for the power supply) have dust filters, so not much dust getting through there (there is still a small amount but no where near as much as before so :thumbsup:)

With all that improved airflow a rpm panel ( fans) might be a good addition. ( you can also just 5v mod the molex and call it a day)

You mean like a fan rpm meter and/or speed adjuster? Ill look into it! Although I don't really know what speeds I would want all my fans to be at for better cooling.

Ok then if I do get a rpm controller:

1) What would be a good one to get?

2) What speeds should I set up my fans for optimal cooling and dust repelling?

I have:

• two 140 mm exhaust fans at the top
  • one 140 mm intake fan at the front
  • one 120 mm exhaust fan at the back

@ UT66:

Ok then if I do get a rpm controller:

1) What would be a good one to get?

2) What speeds should I set up my fans for optimal cooling and dust repelling?

I have:

• two 140 mm exhaust fans at the top
  • one 140 mm intake fan at the front
  • one 120 mm exhaust fan at the back

1) Im using this one > Scythe Kaze Master Ace Controller and it works great, there are better ones out there.

( CPU FAN, GPU FAN, PSU FAN, (yes power supply fan) AND REAR SYS FAN, my intake is at 5V)

2) Thats kind of a personal preference, but mostly depends on the application ( gaming, 3D apps, encoding > higher RPM, 12V@ 7V+ web surfing, text editing, movies > lower RPM 5V) your system temps ( use AIDA32) and noise levels you are conformable with among other factors. That case has plenty of HUGE fans, so i would set everything at 5V 99% of the time.

(always use a slightly faster RMP at the exhaust, and low RPM at the front)

Thanks again my friend Ill look into seeing what is available here in Australia for a good price.

...always use a slightly faster RMP at the exhaust, and low RPM at the front

Just out of curiosity why is the above condition needed? Is it because it is more important to get the hot air out of the case than to bring the cool air in?

Also wouldn't lower air pressure cause dusty air to sneak in via unfiltered vents (at the back, near PCI slots) and/or joints in the case?