Furmark Gpu Benchmark Scores [NEW]

Andrewr05

Those scores seem really low.

Weird... :dunno:

EDITED/UPDATED

Yea, I was thinkihng the same.. I did noticed that for some reason my 2500k had reset itself back to stock settings.. so I set it back up to 4.4ghz and ran the test again.. only changed byt 2 points..

All the gfx cards are at factory settings but I would have expected the 580's to do a bit better.. I know I had to roll the drivers on the gtx285's back a couple versions as they where not stable (wouldnt even fold, kept giving memory errors) with the current drivers off Nvidia's site.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it odd how little my overclock got me out of Furmark.

Stock clocks are

738 GPU

1000 Mem

1836 Shader

My overclock is shown in my score link (two posts up) accurately, which was:

805 GPU

1125 Mem

1905 Shader

And the overclock raised my score by 10 from stock. Does this sound right? Or is my card just that crappy? Because the 720p score is just a count of how many frames you render in 60 seconds.

Your card could just be throttling itself. Gimme a few minutes and I'll run it on my HTPC (which also has a GTS 250, but only the 512 MB non-overclocked version).

EDIT: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_192_score.php?id=50683 1551 points, driven by an X3 720 @ stock, DDR2-800, and everything stock on the GPU. I could probably get it higher if I shut all the servers and stuff that's running on here, but I'm lazy. Deal with it. :lol:

EDIT2: Your score does seem awful low. Do you have antialiasing forced or anything like that?

EDIT3: My resolution is reported incorrectly...weird. It was definitely running 720p.

EDITQUATTRO: Just ran it again, definitely running 720p. Same exact score.

Your card could just be throttling itself. Gimme a few minutes and I'll run it on my HTPC (which also has a GTS 250, but only the 512 MB non-overclocked version).

EDIT2: Your score does seem awful low. Do you have antialiasing forced or anything like that?

No, I have even tried forcing them off.

I've just ran through about a billion tests, and that score doesn't change. It only drops when I remove my overclock. Further when i set defaults in Nvidia control panel (down to 1,150 roughly) which doesn't make sense.. As default settings are lower than my custom settings (forcing 16x AF, clamp bios, and disabling all texture optimzations.)

So I don't know what's up with it, but either way.. 2 more days until I order my 560 Ti, so it's not the biggest issue in the world. Unless of course that, too ends up with lower than expected scores.

Btw, the only "slow" part of my computer are my hard drives. Instead of benchmarking everything, I'll just tell you my WEI scores as shorthand (cpu/ram/2d/3d/hdd): 7.2, 7.8, 7.0, 7.0, 5.9. I know WEI isn't any sort of accurate accurate measurement, but it gives you a general idea. So I have no clue why my GPU is getting such low scores.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

• 3 weeks later...