Keyboard Mods

zackhaf

Yeah, just the keys. I have a lamp set up so i can see the keys from the glare difference! I was thinking about selling it and getting the silver version, wont be too much price difference hopefully. And i am not wanting to pay a lot more just to have LEDs.

If you have problems with typing without seeing keys, then sell it. :) Why waste time in modding it?

better sell then buy a new one instead (Arctosa silver edition / Lycosa) imo.

i dont have the basics with typing either so i cannot type that good without all of those characters showing at my keys :ouch:

was aware with the Artctosa black edition's negative remarks about it's "almost blind keys" that would not fit for those who cannot do touch typing and so i grabbed the silver, good enough for me so far. :happy:

I still can't believe you guys like the Lycosa. I'm using one right now, and I'm biding my time before I can replace this damned thing.

I miss my old Tarantula :(

I still can't believe you guys like the Lycosa.

I have the Arctosa black (pretty much the same thing) and I find it immensely comfortable and easy to type on. What issues do you really have with yours?

I have the Arctosa black (pretty much the same thing) and I find it immensely comfortable and easy to type on. What issues do you really have with yours?

For general typing, there's not too much to complain about. Problems with ghosting aren't as apparent with regular typing as they are in gaming, because of the matrix inside the keyboard being relatively optimized for keypresses. The keys are a little more mushy than I'd like, though that's to be expected from a membrane keyboard. The keys are low quality plastic, and the paint has worn on several of my keys (Left shift being the worst, because I can now look right down through to the membrane. My C button has been "smudged", and my left Alt key no longer says "Alt". It's just a blob."

For gaming, anything out of the WASD area, and it's immediately surrounding keys, my keyboard has pretty severe ghosting issues. I play starcraft 2, and a friend of mine used my keyboard for a game. He's a mid-masters level player, with fairly high APM, and he complained nonstop about how keys wouldn't register when he hit them, or an extra key would register that he didn't hit (not a good thing in SC2 lol). He hadn't been informed of my problems with the keyboard, so I'm pretty confident that it's not just in my head.

The Audio passthrough is absolute crap, and destroys my audio quality to my headset, so that's just a useless feature. The touchscreen is buggy at the best of times, and it presses itself at the worst of times. Ever had a media player come on at 3 AM, because your keyboard decided to open it up? I have.

Edit: It should be mentioned that this keyboard is about 9 months old.

Edited by iskout

I don't like the touchpad on the Lycosa either (the Arctosa has buttons). Never used the passthrough either, since they're generally junk. I can't say I've noticed any ghosting though...but I'm not a pro player at anything. :lol: I think the keys on the Arctosa are different too but since I have the black version it really wouldn't matter whether they did or not. :P

My friend yelled at me for spamming my keyboard because I can make my Lycosa so loud lol. He could hear me on skype, and was complaining that I was hammering away on my keyboard. :lol:

Ah I only had a sub 10$ keyboard I modded it by swapping the arrow , wasd , spacebar keys to diffrent caps and i added LEDs for Backlight Illuminating Cost me not more than 2$