Advice Needed

MandoPatriot

Stretch them daily. I work for Volkswagen in a production environment and they've setup a stretching routine for production line employees to prevents symptoms like this..

These 3 stretches are part of that routine.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/stretching-exercises-for-preventing-carpal-tunnel-syndrome

Stretch them daily. I work for Volkswagen in a production environment and they've setup a stretching routine for production line employees to prevents symptoms like this..

These 3 stretches are part of that routine.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/stretching-exercises-for-preventing-carpal-tunnel-syndrome

Thanks for this. I'll get right on that, I hope it helps.

I've been doing my exercises and taking Tylenol and my hand has been feeling a lot better, even after one day. Thankfully it's not in my right hand so I can still use a mouse. I doubt I'll be playing SWTOR or Skyrim or whatever, but for the time being I can play old school Warcraft/Starcraft with one hand.

Going to take a month or two off from serious gaming and see how my hand is doing with a doctors visit. I freaked out a bit when I first got the news, but after sleeping on it and doing my recommended stuff I think that over time I will be better. Thanks for all the advice and support, you guys rock.

Best of luck.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much better it will feel after rest and the physical therapy stretches provided earlier.  I get tennis elbow after a weekend of hard core gaming and I'll have to lay off for a week or so and do my exercises.  After that brief period I'm usually good to go for a while again.  And I never really get 100% rest since I'm on a PC for work all day long.

Today's my third day of doing the wrist stretches, along with other wrist exercises (lol, jk). After a long day of taking notes, texting, and typing on the computer, my hands don't hurt as much at the end of the day. I'm so glad this helps.

Today's my third day of doing the wrist stretches, along with other wrist exercises (lol, jk). After a long day of taking notes, texting, and typing on the computer, my hands don't hurt as much at the end of the day. I'm so glad this helps.