LianLi Lancool K62 Star Wars Storm Trooper Project

Remainder of Color Scheme  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Leave the side panels black or paint them white?

• Leave it as it is
    • Paint the side panels white

I considered taping off around the outline of the side panel window and painting the remainder of the panel white and leaving a black border around the actual window (like a black boarder underneath the side panel window in that area where the window screws are located) if that makes sense?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered taping off around the outline of the side panel window and painting the remainder of the panel white and leaving a black border around the actual window (like a black boarder underneath the side panel window in that area where the window screws are located) if that makes sense?

Definitly the way to go. Stormtroopers are white with a hint of black except for the Stormtrooper Commander. I would paint a stencil of the Stormtrooper emblem on the right of the side panel fan. Great work.

Well, you guys made it awful hard to make a decision with an almost even split between my options (leave it as is won by one vote). However, I just had to see what it would look like if I did the side panels, so I agreed with 6 of you to go ahead and paint the panels.

Without further delay here is the finished product (I still have to finish sand and clearcoat the side panels - but you'll get the idea).

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

dscf3037l.jpg

dscf3036k.jpg

dscf30350.jpg

dscf3031z.jpg

Not to brag............... but note the reflections from the wallpaper on my wall on the top bezel :)

Edited by wevsspot

Hey guys - here is the last update on this project. Thanks for all the kind words, encouragement, kudos and opinions. I've finished wet sanding, final buff and polish and I wanted to show ya'll what it looks like now. Hope you enjoy! I hope the reflections help show the mirror finish.............. I've taken two sets of pics using different lighting and aperture settings.

dscf3195.jpg

dscf3189i.jpg

dscf3206l.jpg

Edited by wevsspot

Now to see if it can take a shot from a blaster and see if it can survive! If it's a REAL Storm Trooper, it won't be able to handle a stone from a sling thrown from an Ewok. :P

Nice :)

I'm assuming that everything is swell with the stuff you got from me?

Yup! The Radbox had missing screws and stuff, but Swiftech sent me them for free. Those Yate-Loon fans push a lot of air, but are a little loud for my taste, so will be replacing them with Noctua fans. I'll probably use the Yate-Loon fans for another build I'll be doing for my gf's parents... which reminds me, check your FS thread. :P