What's inside your H-100

Braegnok

I am curious as to what motherboard you were using that an H100 would not fit on correctly.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, 775 socket, Asus P5E64 WS Evoulotion with X48 chipset. even rotating block would not solve clearence issue.

Edited by Braegnok

First is with the H-100, the second is with the Phanteks cooler. I.E H-100 isn't worth it. $20 less, about the same performance, and no pain of dealing with water cooling.

In that way even a D14 is better than H100.

But H100 have its own advantage. People sing D-14 or Phanteks cooler need to be very careful about the choice of RAM, their height, and they can't use Corsair dominator or gskill tridentX RAM or any RAM having high heat spreader. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but the final choice comes down to the particular user and the type of system he prefers.

But H100 have its own advantage. People sing D-14 or Phanteks cooler need to be very careful about the choice of RAM, their height, and they can't use Corsair dominator or gskill tridentX RAM or any RAM having high heat spreader. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but the final choice comes down to the particular user and the type of system he prefers.

+1 On that, But after reading Airmans review of the Phanteks PH-TC14PE Twin Tower, I was leaning towards buying one to replace my H-100. From the information I have the cooler is into or over the Ram slots and limits memory module height to 42mm . I'm using Corsair Dominators so the clearance does concern me. If any one knows of a comparable cooler that will not interfere with tall Ram modules I am open for suggestions, The Prolimatech Rev. C Megahalems looks like it can be rotated 90 degrees and clear dim slots, push air out the top of 600T case, and the blue fins with nickel tubing would look nice with P5E64 WS Evolution.

Edited by Braegnok

Have you contacted Corsair about this?

For all we know certain batches could ALL have some defect, causing this in many other users water blocks and presumably their tubing and pump as well.

[/q

Yes, The Corsair folks are a Great bunch of guys, and I love there products. The cooler model number shows it was one of the early releases from 2009 and could vary well have been setting on a shelf in direct sunlight for 3 years :lol: , also I did not buy unit from Corsair store. But they offered me a H-100i as replacement, Which was nice. I guess the newer release H-100i has a much smaller base to address the clearance issue, after moding it and cleaning it I told them Thanks, but I will keep unit, :thumbsup: as it is running great. Also the pump should last 4 years normal use, or longer. uote]

Edited by Braegnok

:withstupid: I was going to post just to say this

Now I need to pull apart all of mine......

Air cooling or water cooling they all have certain intricacies. Most large air coolers will cause issues with tall memory modules. Some allow you to raise the fans over the modules and lose some airflow through the fin array but then again some dont. I just put the Phanteks on a Z68 board and my Mushkin Ridgebacks fit under the fin array.

+1 On that, But after reading Airmans review of the Phanteks PH-TC14PE Twin Tower, I was leaning towards buying one to replace my H-100. From the information I have the cooler is into or over the Ram slots and limits memory module height to 42mm . I'm using Corsair Dominators so the clearance does concern me. If any one knows of a comparable cooler that will not interfere with tall Ram modules I am open for suggestions, The Prolimatech Rev. C Megahalems looks like it can be rotated 90 degrees and clear dim slots, push air out the top of 600T case, and the blue fins with nickel tubing would look nice with P5E64 WS Evolution.

About the cooler for your case: Hyper 212 EVO. :P

No dual tower can be used with dominator modules unless you decide not to use those hat spreaders of the RAM. I saw the review of Sapphire Vapor X cooler earlier today, and they cooling capacity seemed to be good. But I can't just assume anything about their compatibility with dominator.

But going to Hyper 212 evo from H100 would be considered as degradation. The only upgradation way I can see for is custom WC.

Yes, I agree. It looks like I will just keep the H-100. Now that it's all clean and the pump has only been running for 10 months, Corsair says it will last 3 more years at least at 24/7 usage as a Folding rig.

And they said before the pump fails it will show warning signs like noises etc...and I do check it every day to inshore it's not frozen or off line. I was trying to build this rig on the cheep using high end parts that I already have on the shelf, :lol: I spent $80.00 on a new 4X2 GB 1333 dual channel memory kit, and $20.00 on PrimoChill ICE cooling fluid. Everything else was on the shelf.