Automatic backing up

Il_napoletano

Hi

I have a couple of folders that I want backing up constantly...

Is the any program that does that?

I know for mac there's a program called Chronosync...I'm not sure if PC have the same...

thanks

Edited by Il_napoletano

Look for the "Backup and Restore Center." You can backup specific folders, entire drives, the OS, etc. Personally, I just use batch files to backup each night, but this should work too.

This.

I have mine set to do a weekly full system backup along with a file and folder backup. That way I can either reimage if I really break something or just restore individual files if I mess something up.

This.

I have mine set to do a weekly full system backup along with a file and folder backup. That way I can either reimage when I really break something or just restore individual files when I mess something up.

Fixed that for you :P

I also make an image once a week, but the files and folders I backup daily, according to the batch file I've got setup. Not sure if the Windows utility can do this, but because of how I have the batch files written, at least for my documents, videos, and music, a copy remains on the external drive, as an archive.

Oh shut it. :lol:

Windows natively only runs a single schedule - so if you want nightly backups you end up doing a system image at the same time (assuming you're doing a full system backup). If all you want to do is nightly backups of files, it works great. If you want nightly backups of files and a weekly system image you'll have to use something else.

• 1 month later...