Hey guys long time no see

damian

Glad to see the forum is still as active as ever!

I Hope the overclocking scene is the same. I got an email from xtremesystems about HWBOT and a new OC competition. Reminded me of this place :)

Hows the PC enthusiast scene holding up? Have tablets/mobile done any serious damage yet? I hope not!

Edited by damian

Welcome back!

Overclocking's gotten a little bit more complicated, but a lot more interesting. Delidding is a must for Ivy/Haswell CPU's for high overclocking to prevent the CPU's from getting too hot. GTX 980 was recently released, but overclocking potential is based on TDP, and currently voltages are still locked, and if you have a card that can increase the voltages, it doesn't help with overclocking yet due to the boost increments... etc. You might also want to look into Kepler and Maxwell BIOS Tweaker's and NvFlash for the latest Nvidia cards for overclocking.

Softmods for older Nvidia and AMD graphics cards to converting them into professional equivalents has been my latest quest.

Tablets, phablets, and phones drain too much battery power as it is, and overclocking them isn't beneficial, really.