COUGAR Challenger Case Reviewed

Bosco

It sure looks like a cougar... and I'm not talking about the cat. :P

I do like the idea of the side panel with a side fan and a window.

Sucks that that's no holes for watercooling tubes above the rear fan (instead of below it), or that there isn't more height on the inside. The top is begging for a 120.2 watercooling rad. :)

Edited by El_Capitan

Does this case challenge your tastes or appeal to them? Personally I like the color choice, but the overall styling is a bit over the top for me as I tend to prefer cases with much more understated styling.
Agreed.

Black and orange go quite will together (my personal favorite color combo), but the cases aesthetics leave a bit to be desired.

Great review though, seems like a decent case for 85 bucks, though there are undoubtedly better choices.

The top is begging for a 120.2 watercooling rad. :)

There's enough room for a radiator...but a rad with fans? Not gonna happen. :lol:

Great review though, seems like a decent case for 85 bucks, though there are undoubtedly better choices.

My thoughts exactly. It offers a decent amount of features and is fairly well built but there are better choices out there.

On the other hand if you like the styling you might still want to get it. There aren't many cases in this price range with external SATA docks. :cheers:

Ummm.... yuck - at least IMHO

Big deal about external rads and fans - they are a pain in the arse if you have to move your rig around, and it just looks awful in my opinion. I was the happiest guy in the world when I finally invested in a case designed to hold all my w/c gear internally.

Big deal about external rads and fans - they are a pain in the arse if you have to move your rig around, and it just looks awful in my opinion. I was the happiest guy in the world when I finally invested in a case designed to hold all my w/c gear internally.

Only matters if you are water cooling...

Ummm.... yuck - at least IMHO

Agreed, but having fans mounted externally wouldn't be the end of the world in terms of hassle or looks.

If you're watercooling you'll likely want something bigger anyway to ease tubing anyway though.

Space? Or the lack of it?

Firstly I thought that it can support 240mm rad, but after going through 3rd page, I would say that it would be impossible. :P

And the color scheme do not match with my taste.