Logitech G500 Mouse Tested

Nemo

I have not had the opertunity to play around with the MX518...the only mice I have are the ones listed in the review, the Logitech G500, the OCZ Behemoth, the Razer, and the Microsoft...

The G500 is shorter than the Razer mouse by about .5 of an inch but is about an inch taller

dont buy this worthless mouse. i have one and a month ago i might have liked it but it fails fast.

the scroll wheel is like trying to ride your bike in 1' deep sticky mud and its got the jitters like a crack addicted rabbit

Sounds like you got a bad sample, just RMA it ;)

I bought this mouse because my cordless Sidewinder X8 was having troubles. It's a great mouse and my only problem with it is the side buttons. They seem to be further back towards the wrist than on the G5, not really a con but it'll take some getting used to. No games so far have recognized the third side button yet either, still nice to have though.

I'm currently using the MX518 and find 1800dpi the fastest I'll need. Maybe a tad more sensitive for fast-paced shooters like CoD4 (getting ambushed in tight quarters, etc.). I was considering the G500 but it looks more like a re-hash of the G5.

Would it be that huge of an upgrade? The G500 is going for about $10-20CAD more than the G5.